Can not login Webconsole after Upgrade ERA Server to ver 6.5.522.0

Hi everyone,

After i perform upgrade ERA Server to ver 6.5.522.0 via Create Client tasks --> Remote Administrator Components Upgrade, i can't login webconsole with 'administrator'.

I try with many way such as change password, repair ERA Server on Control Panel, it finished but i still can't login on webconsole and receive error with detail below:

1.PNG.9394fc7807a40da0f537aae2ad604409.PNG

Please help to give me some advice...

Thank you in advance!

@Miami This task upgrade was create 1 day ago, so i don't think it's still running in the background. Beside that, as you see, i get an error "Login Failed: Response Parsing Error", not common error as "Login Failed: Invalid username or password"

48 minutes ago, HienKieu said:

@Miami This task upgrade was create 1 day ago, so i don't think it's still running in the background. Beside that, as you see, i get an error "Login Failed: Response Parsing Error", not common error as "Login Failed: Invalid username or password"

Yes, I got same error message on upgrade. For me it took 10-15 minutes and I was able to log-in back again.

Edited by Miami

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, HienKieu said:

Have any ideas about this? Please help to advice! Thanks so much..

Could you please verify whether ERA SERVER service is running? I would expect this kind of error in case Webconsole has different version than SERVER - could you verify that both component were upgraded? Ideally by re-deploying Webconsole manually as described in documentation. It is possible something went wrong during upgrade and only of of mentioned components was actually upgraded.

Yes, i make sure that ERA Server services are running... Great ideas, so i will re-deploy Webconsole manually as you guide and feedback for you soon!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 8:28 AM, MartinK said:

Could you please verify whether ERA SERVER service is running? I would expect this kind of error in case Webconsole has different version than SERVER - could you verify that both component were upgraded? Ideally by re-deploying Webconsole manually as described in documentation. It is possible something went wrong during upgrade and only of of mentioned components was actually upgraded.

Hi Martin

I am having the same issue after I ran the Components upgrade yesterday. Is this the correct guide to re-deploy Webconsole manually?

I have to admit I did restart the service for ERA server after the upgrade (ca. 30 min afterwards) as I was not aware it might take even hours and found some suggestions to troubleshoot here, before I came across the the one, where it said do not restart the service while the upgrade is still running.

First thing this morning I tried to login, unfortunately the same message.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

1 hour ago, RoHu said:

Hi Martin

I am having the same issue after I ran the Components upgrade yesterday. Is this the correct guide to re-deploy Webconsole manually?

I have to admit I did restart the service for ERA server after the upgrade (ca. 30 min afterwards) as I was not aware it might take even hours and found some suggestions to troubleshoot here, before I came across the the one, where it said do not restart the service while the upgrade is still running.

First thing this morning I tried to login, unfortunately the same message.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Hi There

I have re-deployed the webconsole manually following the guide and now does not even load the webpage. It says page cannot be found. Any ideas?

Just an update. It is now all up and running. The issue was, when I extracted the .zip file into webapps folder as per you instruction, it ended up in the Webapps folder and not in Era. So, I just created new Era folder in there and moved all files in there and it is now back to normal.

You may want to update the path, where to extract, in your guide.

Thanks.