Can't make Eset Endpoint Antivirus available on mirror

Hello,

I configure an Eset File Security to be an update mirror for my Eset Endpoint Security clients.

No problem to install the mirror...

post-1833-0-05704100-1380673589_thumb.png

But why can't I get the Eset Endpoint Security available ? I just have Eset Smart Security updates...

post-1833-0-44066900-1380673591_thumb.png

Anyone could help me ?

Edited by noux

• Administrators

The list shows program component updates that are available on the server your EFS updates from. Do you have the update server set to "Choose automatically"? At any rate, there has been only one program component update for Endpoint so far which can be installed per the instructions here.

Arf.

My EFS updates from an ESET Remote Administrator mirror of my network. The ERA mirror is intended to share EEA and EFS updates but not ESS updates...

And if I try to set my EFS to "choose automaticaly" it doesn't suggest me any "available version"...

BTW, updates are well downloaded between the ERA mirror and the EFS mirror but I just do not have the good product available (ESS instead of EEA) !

Lost.

• Administrators

There have been no program component updates (PCU) for EFSW which is the reason why there's no information about them in update.ver and thus it cannot be displayed in the mirror setup either. I don't think there will ever be PCUs for server products that are usually intended for installation on production servers. Updates of security products that are tightly integrated with the operating system should never be automatic and should always be installed with care.

But even if I use an EEA as a mirror, I can't get anything else than ESS BE updates...

post-1833-0-11704600-1381727429_thumb.png

In my ERA, where my EEA updates from, I've checked :

post-1833-0-18964700-1381728020_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

ESET Remote Administrator uses a pre-defined xml to configure program component updates while the list shown in the client is generated based on the information from update.ver on update servers.

Since program component updates are very sensitive, they are not pushed to business users. However, administrators can either upgrade clients via the right-click menu in ERAC or via mirror as per the instructions in this KB article. Selecting program component updates for EEA/EES in the ERA Configuration Editor will not download them to the mirror because they are not present on update servers but are provided separately as mentioned above.