ESET Smart Security Premuim 10 released in The Netherlands vs Insiders Program!?

• ESET Insiders

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the release of ESET Smart Security Premuim 10 here in The Netherlands:

post-3436-0-44200900-1475063039_thumb.jpg

1. what's the status of this ESS-Premium 10 release?

2. What's the status of the Insiders Program regarding the follow up of the several projects?

Could ESET please elaborate? TIA

Cheers

Edited by Marcos
ESSP download link removed

• Administrators

1, V10 was released in Netherlands at the beginning of September.

2, I have no clue what you mean by "follow up of several projects". Perhaps another mod responsible for the beta program will be able to respond.

• ESET Insiders

The new upgrade/date for the ESS Product line-up Smart Security is VERY confusing indeed. I spoke to my Sales Rep and he explained to me the following:

1. I have a 5 seat ESET Multi OS (OSX & Win) licence <2019/10 that can not be upgraded to the ESET SS Premium 10, because the ESS Premium is NOT the successor for ESET SS v9;

2. The successor for ESS v9 is the ESET INTERNET SECURITY v10 (10.0.359.1) (?) so that's what I have installed now;

3. I never received any messages (mail/in-program) that the EIS v10 was released.

Synopsis: ESET should have chosen for a different name for the ESS product, so it would have been more obvious that ESSP 10 is a NEW product, and not available for Multi OS Licences WITHOUT paying an extra amount of $ for this.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck

1. I have a 5 seat ESET Multi OS (OSX & Win) licence <2019/10 that can not be upgraded to the ESET SS Premium 10, because the ESS Premium is NOT the successor for ESET SS v9;

2. The successor for ESS v9 is the ESET INTERNET SECURITY v10 (10.0.359.1) (?) so that's what I installed now;

In my opinion you should have the possibility to install "Eset Smart Security 10" (without Premium), which is still available for existing customers.

Edited by User

• ESET Insiders

2. The successor for ESS v9 is the ESET INTERNET SECURITY v10 (10.0.359.1) (?) so that's what I installed now;

In my opinion you should have the possibility to install "Eset Smart Security 10" (without Premium), which is still available for existing customers.

There is NO "Eset Smart Security 10" (without Premium). ESET changed the ESET Smart Security v9 productname to ESET Internet Security 10. I find this very confusing...

Cheers

Hello,

there is no Smart Security 10 without Premium. So I must install Internet Security 10.

When I install Smart Security 10 Premium with my Multi Device Licence, I get an error message during activation.

Greetings Christian

There is NO "Eset Smart Security 10" (without Premium).

OK, maybe not on the Dutch download site.

On the German download site it's at the bottom:

https://www.eset.com/de/download/home/

Here direct link:

https://www.eset.com/de/download/home/detail/family/5/?installer=offline

Available versions: Czech, Slovak, German, Dutch

Edited by User

• ESET Insiders

Hey guys,

You can download and install the ESET Smart Security Premium 10, BUT you can't activate it with a seat Multi OS Licence because ESET is marketing it as a complete new product. Nothing else to do is to install the EIS v10 and activate that release as part of your Multi OS licence! There is a solution to this issue but that wil cost you some extra $ for the upgrade.

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck

• ESET Insiders

I have the license for ESS 9 for 3 yrs. Somebody from ESET official can confirm in which version of upcoming ESET product it would be upgraded?

Sorry for the following into Dutch, but TS is dutch

Man wat zeur je toch? Het is heel simpel sinds versie 10 moet je dus nu internet security hebben en is de smart eigenlijk een nieuwe versie die ook duurder is als smart security versie 9.

Dus niet mee zeuren als een verongelijkt kind en gewoon versie 10 internet security installeren.

Edited by pdexie

• ESET Insiders

Sorry for the following into Dutch, but TS is dutch

Man wat zeur je toch? Het is heel simpel sinds versie 10 moet je dus nu internet security hebben en is de smart eigenlijk een nieuwe versie die ook duurder is als smart security versie 9.

Dus niet mee zeuren als een verongelijkt kind en gewoon versie 10 internet security installeren.

Hi @pdexie,

Please DO NOT hesitate to reply in English* please, so all other contributors may read your very hostile reply! If you don't want to contribute to my thread in a normal nor even polite way, please don't bother at all! /:

Cheers

You can download and install the ESET Smart Security Premium 10, BUT you can't activate it with a seat Multi OS Licence because ESET is marketing it as a complete new product. Nothing else to do is to install the EIS v10 and activate that release as part of your Multi OS licence! There is a solution to this issue but that wil cost you some extra $ for the upgrade.

Have you read posting #7 ?

Of course you can't use Smart Security Premium with a Multi Device License Key, but you can install "Smart Security 10 (non-Premium)" from here (Dutch Eset site):

https://www.eset.com/nl/download/thuis/detail/family/5/#offline

Edited by User

Into English:

Don't cry like a little child,  since version 10 smart security is another program than previous versions and is expensiver  than smart security 8 or 9.

You have a licence for smart security 9 so from now on you can upgrade to version 10 internet security

• ESET Insiders

Have you read posting #7 ?

Of course you can't use Smart Security Premium with a Multi Device License Key, but you can install "Smart Security 10 (non-Premium)" from here (Dutch version is available):

https://www.eset.com/de/download/home/detail/family/5/?installer=offline

Thanks for the directions and yes, I did read that post and checked the link. On the ESET (Dutch) website I found later today that ESET SS did not get an updated v10, but its now the ESET Internet Security v10 which also can be activated with the ESS v9 (Multi OS) license. 

Cheers

• ESET Insiders

Into English:

Don't cry like a little child,  since version 10 smart security is another program than previous versions and is expensiver  than smart security 8 or 9.

You have a licence for smart security 9 so from now on you can upgrade to version 10 internet security

Thanks, that's more the way to go m8!

Cheers

• ESET Insiders

Can somebody tell me what's the difference between ESS 10 & ESS 10 Premium?

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb318/?locale=en_US

Thank you. Any article about ESET Password Manager & ESET Secure Data like this? I can see these two are the only differences

Edited by SM03

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Let me explain this misunderstanding.

In version 10, we have prepared 4 products (ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security and ESET Smart Security Premium) - thus, it is not true that ESET Smart Security and ESET Internet Security are the same products, as mentioned by SM03, the feature comparison is posted at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb318/

The important fact is that each country's distributor (i.e. who has an exclusive deal with ESET) can decide which of these products will be sold on their market, based on their statistics of people's demand for the features.

Thus, it can happen that resellers in one country will offer NOD32, EIS and ESSP, while in a different country that will be NOD32, ESS and ESSP. (I am not sure whether any country will offer all 4 of them, that would be too cluttered IMHO.)

For the licensing specifics, please contact ESET's sales and support office in your country.

Thanks for the understanding,

T.

• ESET Insiders

Hi @TomasP,

Thanks for clearing some confusion regarding the several ESET products. On my Mac Pro Windows 10 I installed EIS v10 on my laptop Windows 7 EES v10, because of the anti-theft feature in ESS v10.

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck