How do I install a 3rd party software to a Windows Client from ERA?

From a recent ESET webinar I attended, I discovered that through ERA, I could install any .exe or.msi software package onto one of my Windows clients.  They said it had to be done through a policy.  I'm currently having trouble figuring this out, can you please help?

No clients are on a domain but all have ERA agent and Endpoint Security installed.  Here is what I need to do and hopefully I can do it all through ERA:

1. get installer package onto local machine

2. apply a policy that will install the package with /silent switches, etc

3. I can then verify the install via ERA

I want to do all this remotely and without user interaction.

Thank you.

***Update - so I actually figured out how to do this through Tasks but I get an error stating that the installation package is invalid: Software installation failed with 0x654. 

It's an .exe and I can run it manually no problem and it silently installs.  Any thoughts?

Which task are you using? AFAIK Software Install task only supports .MSI format installers. For .exe ones you can try Run Command task.

I am using the Software Install task.  Thanks for the suggestion and I'm trying the Run Command task but I think I have to tweak it to get it to work.  It states that it finishes "Application was started" but it doesn't install the software.  Do you know the format of the Command line to run section and the Working directory section?

• ESET Staff

Which task are you using? AFAIK Software Install task only supports .MSI format installers. For .exe ones you can try Run Command task.

I am using the Software Install task.  Thanks for the suggestion and I'm trying the Run Command task but I think I have to tweak it to get it to work.  It states that it finishes "Application was started" but it doesn't install the software.  Do you know the format of the Command line to run section and the Working directory section?

What you enter into "Command line to run" will be written into temporarily created BAT file and executed with working directory entered in native form ("D:\Temp\"). In case you wish to execute multiple lines, you should use operators as linked in my recent post.

Unfortunately this type task does not wait for executed command result, therefore "Application was started" means that command was started.