Windows 10 keeps saying ESET Firewall and Windows Firewall are off

I keep getting the popup notification on the bottom right periodically at random saying that both ESET Firewall and Windows Firewall are off, but every time I go to security center it says ESET Firewall is on. Obviously  Windows Firewall is off due to using ESET instead but I don't know why the notification center is saying they are both off. I'm using Windows 10 Pro Anniversary. I know it's most likely a Windows bug but wanted to know why it might be doing this.

Hi,

I have the same problem. It has been posted several times here in the forum, but it seems the developers are not interested

Although it is only a small problem, but still annoying.

Greetings

Christian

Hi, same problem. After(1-2 minutes after Eset splash screen) Anniversary update i've started to receive notification: "Windows firewall and Eset Personal firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see....". ~30 seconds later notification disappears. Before Anniversary update everything was fine.

Although it is only a small problem, but still annoying.

And i don't think this is a small problem.

Hi @Quant,

Do you contact ESET Support in your country and gather some logs?

Yes i did, so far(2-3 days) no solution. I don't mind waiting, but i have work to do and i don't want to spent time on resolving this problem in the middle of it.

• Administrators

To enforce registration to Windows Security Center, you can run the following command as an admininistrator from the ESET install folder provided that you have v9.0.402 installed:

ecmd.exe /registerav

The problem persists on 9.0.402 and 9.0.38x. I didn't try pre-release updates and i will not. Sorry guys, I don't want experimenting, i want solution.

• Administrators

Windows Security Center is a Windows feature. ESET registers to WSC during installation and upgrade. Let us know if manually enforcing registration to WSC makes a difference.

I had the same problem when i updated to v10...
The manually enforcing registration worked like a charm. No more unnecessary notifications

Edited by Lui

I had the same problem when i updated to v10...

The manually enforcing registration worked like a charm. Mo more unnecessary notifications

Didn't help.

• 4 weeks later...

I've upgraded to ESET Internet Security 10.0.369.0, seems that THE problem disappeared, but when i installed the EIS my PC almost completely froze and i had to RESET, but after that, so far no problems.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, mantra said:

hi

i got this problem with v10 too

Are you using Eset Smart Security or Eset Internet Security?

1 hour ago, mantra said:

i'm using eset smart security v10

"eset internet security"?? it's a new product?

thanks

For all intents and purposes (it's my understanding that)  ESET Smart Security (ESS) is being replaced by ESET Internet Security (EIS). https://forum.eset.com/topic/10021-smart-security/?do=findComment&comment=52575

Here is a comparison matrix:http://support.eset.com/kb318/?locale=en_US

If you are now using ESS, I understand you can upgrade to ESSP (ESET Smart Security Premium) for an additional fee.

Edited by TomFace

5 hours ago, mantra said:

i'm using eset smart security v10

"eset internet security"?? it's a new product?

thanks

Yes, kind of. You can try it if you don't need all the features of ESS.

7 hours ago, TomFace said:

For all intents and purposes (it's my understanding that)  ESET Smart Security (ESS) is being replaced by ESET Internet Security (EIS). https://forum.eset.com/topic/10021-smart-security/?do=findComment&comment=52575

Here is a comparison matrix:hxxp://support.eset.com/kb318/?locale=en_US

If you are now using ESS, I understand you can upgrade to ESSP (ESET Smart Security Premium) for an additional fee.

hi

thanks for the answer

ESET Internet Security does miss only anti theft feature

3 hours ago, Quant said:

Yes, kind of. You can try it if you don't need all the features of ESS.

hi

thanks

the premium version includes  ESET Password Manager & ESET Secure Data

i will try it , but i use keepass and veracrypt

thanks