Activation Error ECP 20009

When I try to activate a product I get an Activation Failed (ECP 20009) error which I believe is being caused by the activation tool trying to reach my RA server on it's local IP address rather than it's internet IP or FQDN.

The RA server sits remote to the client that I get the error on. Please see attached output from Wireshark that shows the client is trying to hit my RA proxy (port 3128) on it's local IP address.

How do I set the remote IP or Hostname which the activation tool to use?

BTW, I successfully activated a product on the network that is local to the RA server.

Any help is appreciated. 

post-12560-0-80462700-1465395812_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Error 20009 means a problem connecting to a proxy server. Do you have proxy server configured properly? Endpoint does not communicate with the ERA server during the activation process but with ESET's servers. For a list of servers and their IP addresses that Endpoint must be able to connect to, see hxxp://support.eset.com/kb332/, section Activation.

Hello Marcos,

I no longer get the 20009 error after removing the proxy from Advanced setup > Tools > Proxy Server , but now get an ECP.4100 error.

Do you know what an ECP.4100 error means and how to resolve it?

Jeff

Edited by Jeff GS

• ESET Staff

Hello Marcos,

I no longer get the 20009 error after removing the proxy from Advanced setup > Tools > Proxy Server , but now get an ECP.4100 error.

Do you know what an ECP.4100 error means and how to resolve it?

Jeff

It is internal error according to KB2434. Please try it later and if it fails, contact support.

• 6 months later...
On 6/9/2016 at 2:42 AM, MartinK said:

It is internal error according to KB2434. Please try it later and if it fails, contact support.

It is internal error is the solved? 

Failed to authorize update  with ECP.4100
ESET file security is active and later the agent installation is automatically disabled?