My Windows 10 system allegedly not up-to-date

Samoréen

Hi,

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (with no pending updates for Windows 7), ESET NOD32 insists on telling me that my system is not up-to-date and shows me a list of updates that are relevant for Windows 7.

How do I get it in sync again?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

The information about missing updates is provided by the operating system. ESET does not use any other mechanism to determine this information.

The information about missing updates is provided by the operating system. ESET does not use any other mechanism to determine this information.

Hi,

So I should also see the same list of available updates when opening Windows Update ? This is not the case, though. Windows Update says "system up-to-date" even after a new search for updates.

Hi,

OK. The problem is on the Windows 10 side. WIn10 doesn't allow to see optional updates which may or may not be installed (one could wonder how the decision is made). ESET sees them and therefore warns against the non up-to-date system.

The solution is to use the Windows Update Minitool utility which allows to install these updates that Win10 didn't install.

Why Microsoft are hiding some updates from the users remains a mystery.