ESET Smart Security for Windows 8

Guest guest

Maybe you can say what you think is wrong with current one? :huh:  As it's one of the best GUI's that exists, non metro style!

As for your example, it doesn't look like it's easier to navigate on, compared to the current one IMO.

And it also looks like it's made for a tablet OS (not a desktop OS) as much of the newer GUI's does from other vendors too, unfortunately   -_-

• Administrators

GUI is subject to change as the program develops over time. I presume even more people will prefer the new gui we're working to the current one in v6/v7 :)

Hello Wortex :-))

Even though, that I am not a big fan of your proposal for the new  Interface, suggested by you. Then I still think, it is at least a Kudos worth, for the time you have spent, and for the interest shown by you, for this product. Have a nice day my friend, and a big "Kudos" to you from me.

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

GUI is subject to change as the program develops over time. I presume even more people will prefer the new gui we're working to the current one in v6/v7 :)

If it were only possible to sign an NDA so I can get a sneak peak ;)

• ESET Insiders

I hope so. Don't dumb it down and don't mess it up. :D

Peronally I don't care what they use for a GUI, but it would be nice to be able to make our own GUI for it.

This sounds like crazy fun, but also a little too far !! lol

Too bad the GUI is created in a developer environment in tandem with the code like Visual Studio project etc.

:)

Peronally I don't care what they use for a GUI, but it would be nice to be able to make our own GUI for it.

This sounds like crazy fun, but also a little too far !! lol

Too bad the GUI is created in a developer environment in tandem with the code like Visual Studio project etc.

:)

Indeed, very bad idea, I think the support team would have a hard time instructing users throughout the GUI if one user had designed a GUI on his own, Support --> "click that button and then that one"...User --> "ehh my GUI don't look like that".

So one GUI only is the absolute best solution for both users and the company. It's a security product we're dealing with, so it needs to have a GUI that is easy to use and understand for everyone that uses it. IMO.

Edited by SweX