What to do about Infiltrations found but not cleaned

johcr

I recently ran a manual ESET NOD32 scan on my pc and found 1045 infiltrated objects, but apparently none were able to be screened.  Is this a significant problem ?  Is there anything I can do about it if it is ?

• Administrators

Could you please export the scan log details to a text file and post it here so that we can check what was detected and what action was performed?

Here is the scan log.  Sorry, meant "cleaned", not "screened" in original post.

Scan Log

Version of virus signature database: 12460 (20151024)

Date: 25/10/2015  Time: 3:27:19 PM

Scanned disks, folders and files: C:\

C:\pagefile.sys - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\NTUSER.DAT - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\NTUSER.DAT.LOG - error opening [4]

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\BUSHWALKER WILDERNESS RESCUE\calander.html - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\John's letters\Vitamin D\NEJM -- Vitamin D Deficiency.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\OVER 50S FRIENDLY SOCIETY\iwsPaymentHistory.asp  4.4.08.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\160~Weather-and-safety-information.asp.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\index.asp.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\Kepler weather and safety.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\Map Clearwater tarn order.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\Routeburn weather and safety.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\runisa.dll.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\timetables.html - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Old Desktop Files\TRACK INFO\topic101.php.htm - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - unable to clean

Edited by Marcos
Log shortened

The previous post is about half of the scan log.  The whole thing was rejected because too big.  Please let me know if you would like the rest.

• Administrators

Not necessarily. You could also export the log to a text file and attach it as a file as it was too large to post. What version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus do you have installed? I wasn't able to reproduce the "unable to clean" error on ScrInject detections. The files were either cleaned (deleted) automatically in strict cleaning mode or I was prompted for an action at the end of the scan when no cleaning or standard cleaning mode was selected.

• Administrators

Version 3.0 is about 12 years old :) Please download the latest v9 from ESET's website www.eset.com, uninstall v3 and install v9 from scratch.