ESET Smart Security 9 (2016) released too early?

Just a question given all the current issues on version 9 here in this forum....

I myself have also 2 issues reported.

Might ESS9 (and maybe also other 2016-productlines, that I dont' know) be released to early in the market? Was the beta-periode too short? Weren't there enough testers?

Maybe it's because all other vendors have their 2016-lineup released and ESET "must do as well"?

I got back to version 8 (stable and does what I want at this moment).

Maybe I'll give ESS9 a try somewhere next year.... or maybe I'll switch to another internet security-vendor when my subscription ends... too bad ESET sc***ed up with their 2016 lineup.

• Most Valued Members

Considering the number of possible configurations and different versions of windows currently being used I would expect that there would be some issues no matter the length of the beta testing cycle.

With any new software versions there are bound to be a few hiccups on release, MS is still resolving issues with Windows 10 for example.

As to the number of issues on this forum. This is one of the places people come to get help so it makes sense that there would be a number of posts regarding issues people have. What you don't normally see on the forum is the number of people who have installed the new version and are not having issues.

I'm one of those home users that is not having any Eset SS issues so my opinion would be that No Eset did not release their product to the market to soon.

I am moving back to ESET 8.

I had quite often lagging and unresponsive behavior since I updated to V9.

Also the warning system and new GUI puts me off.

Maybe I will try it again in a few months but for now I am sticking to version 8 where I had 0 problems with.

Version 9 IS released too early !!

Last week I updated ESS v8 to v9 on my Win 7 x64 system. I experienced severe freezes of 4 a 5 seconds once in a while (average every 20 minutes or so). I removed v9 and reinstalled it twice. Twice I got the firewall not working error discussed in another thread. I gave up and restored an earlier image of my c: drive with Acronis backup software. So i am back to version 8 my pc is working perfect again. 

My pc is oke but my trust in ESET is damaged. Im am a ESET customer for more than 10 years and can not remember having so much trouble with an ESET product. I also think this v9 product has left the beta stage too early. I find it a buggy product. 

• Administrators

V9 was not released early. The beta was released towards the end of May and the final version was released on October 13, ie. after 4,5 months of beta testing during which all major issues were fixed. Dozens of thousands users joined the beta program so if nobody had come across the issue(s) you're having and we didn't discover it during internal testing either, it couldn't have been fixed before the release.

Nothing wrong with sticking with a version of software you are happy with.

It is not like V8 is not supported anymore. It works great. V9 is not working so good for me, but that doesn't mean I will not move to it in the future.

I am moving back to ESET 8.

I had quite often lagging and unresponsive behavior since I updated to V9.

Also the warning system and new GUI puts me off.

Maybe I will try it again in a few months but for now I am sticking to version 8 where I had 0 problems with.

Version 9 IS released too early !!

Last week I updated ESS v8 to v9 on my Win 7 x64 system. I experienced severe freezes of 4 a 5 seconds once in a while (average every 20 minutes or so). I removed v9 and reinstalled it twice. Twice I got the firewall not working error discussed in another thread. I gave up and restored an earlier image of my c: drive with Acronis backup software. So i am back to version 8 my pc is working perfect again. 

My pc is oke but my trust in ESET is damaged. Im am a ESET customer for more than 10 years and can not remember having so much trouble with an ESET product. I also think this v9 product has left the beta stage too early. I find it a buggy product. 

Yup, Windows 7 x64 here. When I first start my computer ever since upgrading programs lag for several minutes into the boot. All programs go unresponsive for a short period - after that it seems to run flawlessly. I've seen random spikes cpu usage in task manager during virus scans 14% to 70%, etc.

Yep, also W7 x64 here.

But since going back to V8 all problems are gone. I noticed same behavior as rept30.

Yup, I'm back on V8 problems gone.

Still using V7 here, due to conflicts with some s-ware i use, been working ok, until recently  now the ekrne has started hogging ram 540mb , if it ain't broken don't fix it  eset devs clearly haven't heard of that saying , get's any worse i'll be looking at an alternative solution

im facing rare prob when using ESS V9 on my windows 7 Home Premium x64, which is the ssl scanner causes some website unaccessable, then as in urgent matter that i didnt have any time to do further test, im changing to EAV V9 temporarily.

But guys, i didnt believe that it was released to early, based on my opinion, its because of major changes in windows version might causes slight different bugs in each windows (Probably) anyway, if you are able to recreate the issue again, dont hesitate to contact their support and provide them enough details. Well around the world there is nothing perfects, even other AV are still releasing patches to repairs their bugs on win 10

im facing rare prob when using ESS V9 on my windows 7 Home Premium x64, which is the ssl scanner causes some website unaccessable, then as in urgent matter that i didnt have any time to do further test, im changing to EAV V9 temporarily.

But guys, i didnt believe that it was released to early, based on my opinion, its because of major changes in windows version might causes slight different bugs in each windows (Probably) anyway, if you are able to recreate the issue again, dont hesitate to contact their support and provide them enough details. Well around the world there is nothing perfects, even other AV are still releasing patches to repairs their bugs on win 10

Problems mentioned in this thread are on W7 systems. Nothing to do with W10.

Wrong!

I use 8.1 and also have these problems.

Wrong!

I use 8.1 and also have these problems.

My point was that it has nothing to do with W10.

Last time I checked 8.1 is not W10.