Nod 32 slows down a program on the network

cnourie

I run a database program on our network.  I have been using nod 32 for many years with this program with no problems. Since we updated our server to 2013 nod32 the program now takes up to a minute to open. I found if I remove nod 32 from the computer, it opens in 5 seconds.  I have excluded the drive in nod as well as the the exe program. still opens slow... If I remove nod and reinstall, it opens a little faster for a few days then goes back to taking a minute to open. 

can anyone help me with this... 

Using Server 2013 

desk tops are Win 8.1

I noticed that excluding programs with NOD32 does nothing as well. I once had an issue with Outlook 2013 not syncing mails, disabling NOD32 didn't help, only after I uninstalled it did the syncing work properly.

Now that issue is gone but just saying that adding stuff to the exclusions of NOD32 does nothing.

• Administrators

What ESET product / version is installed on clients and the server? Does temporarily disabling real-time protection on the server make a difference?

antivirus 8.0 on clients and file security 6.0 on server... if I remove the 8.0 on clients, it works fine... once reinstalled, it eventually starts slowing down the connection even with all the exclusions. Exclusions do not seem to matter... disabling the real time protection has no effect.  

This has not been a problem previous to 8.0   i am wondering if i went back to 7.0 if the problem goes away. 

• Administrators

antivirus 8.0 on clients and file security 6.0 on server...

If upgrading EFSW to the latest version 6.2.12007.0 doesn't solve the issue, please create a Process Monitor log from the moment when the issue occurs. When done, compress the log, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

Also you've mentioned version 8 being installed on clients, however, the latest version of Endpoint is v6.2. Please clarify. If you intend to use ESET in a corporate environment, you shouldn't install products for home users but Endpoint which supports remote administration and is tailored for use in corporate environments.