V6 - Some agents stopped connecting, some agents not connecting per policy, software installation only works occasionally

So I've just started migrating my organisation of 30 machines from v5 to v6 and i've regretted it almost immediately :(

Here's some background info on our environment:

• Mixture of domain and workgroup PCs (only domain PCs are being moved to v6 right now)
  • Domain GPO has disabled windows firewalls on workstations
  • Simple L2 switched network with no blocking of broadcast traffic etc
  • All workstations are left powered on 24/7 (no sleep/hibernation)
  • The first few agents were installed via a batch file that ERA generated, some succesfully installed via GPO, others could only be installed manually
  • We have configured an eset policy for the agents to connect every 20 minutes

And now for the issues we're having:

• Some agents are connecting periodically, but not every 20 minutes as per policy (but policy count shows that it has been applied)
  • Some agents haven't connected for 2 days, others for 6 days, others for 8 days etc
  • Sending a 'Wake-up call' doesn't work, last connected date doesn't change
  • Because of these problems, tasks I create to push a v6 endpoint security package to always fail

I can't seem to find anywhere that will give me detailed logs identifying why the agents arent connecting OR why packages aren't being installed.

ERA Server version is 6.1.444.0

• Administrators

I'd start off checking the ERA server trace log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log) and agent trace log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log) on a problematic client for errors. Have you tried re-deploying agent on such computers to no avail?

Thanks for the reply.

The logs don't appear to be in our local GMT+10 time, making it slightly difficult to follow.

How can I change this?

• 2 weeks later...