Office & Outlook 2016 Preview

I'm just wondering if Smart Security 8.0.312.0 offers email and anti spam protection for the current Outlook 2016 preview?  More specifically, will I lose anti spam protection if I move to the preview?

• 3 months later...

I am wondering this too..

At this stage I have lost anti-spam on emails through Outlook. 

I know others have this and I will me moving on if this is not fixed asap. 

Can someone give us an update on this please. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello, we are planning to add support for Outlook 2016 in our products.

We are currently not able to estimate when the update will be finalized and released.

Respectfully, this might be the worse possible response a moderator can give to promoted customer retention.  It's not like the problem didn't persist through the developer preview.  Now Office 2016 goes to final release and you can not offer any guidance to when your 'broken' Outlook spam filter might be restored.

We are currently not able to estimate when the update will be finalized and released.

currently I have 3 licenses ESET Smart Security.

I can not update my other office applications (Access, Excel, Word, etc.) to v.2106 for this reason, because it is not possible to update independently. I am using Outlook in corporate environment and is very important integrate antivirus in the mail program. I do not understand why no date approximate .... I can wait 1 month, but not indefinitely ....  -_-

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The integration only adds additional features, such as Antispam (for products that have it) or a dedicated button to rescan messages from within Outlook.

However, all emails are scanned for viruses independent on the email client, as we scan messages directly on the communication protocol (POP3, IMAP, etc...)

any eta or is there a beta we can get involved in?

a couple of more days of no spam tool and I'm going to buy the first security suite i can find with one. 

thanks,

Kirk

Hello,

The integration only adds additional features, such as Antispam (for products that have it) or a dedicated button to rescan messages from within Outlook.

However, all emails are scanned for viruses independent on the email client, as we scan messages directly on the communication protocol (POP3, IMAP, etc...)

We need the addon Antipsam . It's a must have. Daily use black and white list. 

is strange that anyone from ESET knows whether will be available and when...

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Our developers are working on the plugin and we aim to have it finished in the following weeks. Once it passes testing, we will release it.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When compatibility with Outlook 2016 is available, this information will be added to the ESET Knowledgebase article hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2138/"Which email clients are compatible with Windows ESET products?"

So I assume this will coming in on a PCU update. Is it safe to say that a uninstall-reinstall will no be required to get the add-on to work?  

Wish they'd fix this plug in so 2016 works with smart security.  Just so hate the spammers and trolls, probably work for the corrupt government, since they are useless....

Great program for Outlook to install which is free for temp while we wait is Spam Reader, works great!

Office 365 does an auto-update to the 2016 version and adds some useful functionality.

If you want to stay with or revert to the 2013 temporarily whilst we wait for ESET to fix their plugin for us all it is possible (at least with Office 265 Business edition - I've no idea whether the home version will allow it.)

The MS support post is here: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/411552

You need to stop it auto-updating to Office 2016 using the instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3097292

I have successfully reverted to Office 2013 using this info and ESET is back scanning my e-mail.

Unfortunately, it seems you can't mix the 2013 and 2016 programs - so you can't have Word 2016 with Outlook 2013

I hope ESET can get this fixed soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is not an accurate statement, at least in regards to clients connecting to an Exchange server. I am a system administrator and I get a forward of any suspicious emails that come from our system. However since I've upgraded to Office 2016, I have not gotten any notifications of viruses in my emails, even though a co-worker, who gets the same emails, gets these notifications several times a day using Outlook 2013.

Unfortunately, we are starting to move people to Office 2016 in order to take advantage of some of the document sharing functionality. I sincerely hope that this plugin in finished quickly so that we can have the best protection possible for our team. I know the development process can be difficult and I appreciate the work that the Eset team puts in to get these updates rolled out.

Thank you.

• Administrators

If you have more than 5 computers in the office, you shouldn't use home version but ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security. The latest version (6.2.2033) already supports Outlook 2016.

@Marcos: That is interesting. I've been keeping an eye on the compatibility chart at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2138/and it still says there are no ESET products with Outlook 2016 support. I've only got 4 machines, but I'd consider upgrading to a 5 machine license to get support for Office 2016.

@zedgama3: Exactly the reason I reverted to Office 2013. I had two computers, one running 2013 and a new one running 2016 and the 2016 one would not flag up malware seen by the 2013 machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Build 9.0.349

08/12/2015

Added: Support for screen reader software (JAWS)

Added: Support for Outlook 2016 (Antispam plugin)

Added: License info about seat count

Fixed: Issues with printing and Windows updates

Fixed: Wrong categorization of virtual networks

Fixed: Issues with settings migration when upgrading from previous versions

Changed: Updated list of application status messages

hxxp://www.eset.co.uk/Download/ChangeLog/ESSH