Changing policy for visibility

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi, 

I have altered a bit your default policy regarding Visibility of console on client machines. The thing is, that I deploy agent, policy is assigned  to static group at the top, so it is applied to the newly added client. I install EEA, and when i check on the client, there is full visibility of the console. 

Only way I find that console will disappear is for the user who is currently logged on to log off and then log back in. Is that the only way? Why cant that be, via next agent-server communication? Cause i did several wake ups, and still console is visible. Maybe one workaround for users not to touch anything is to set the user name and password until they log off. But i would rather that they don't see anything :)

I did the testing, and now i plan to deploy all the agents and install EEA to all the workstations in the company during night. As no one is logging off, nor turning off their computers, I guess that when they come to work, they will see the console and all the settings i created for EEA.

You know how programmers and developers are like :)

Your suggestion is to do remote command to restart of egui.exe after EEA install?

Can you please write down the remote command which would do that? I tried with powershell, and cmd, even with admin rights, and it wont reset. That is process in process list egui.exe

If i do localy from powershell Stop-Process -Name egui, even with Admin rights, it wont stop it.(this command works on some different process) Maybe there is some better way,easier to send command to restart the process. If so,please do tell, i will continue do try to find out why it wont work. 

EDIT:

Dont want to open new topic, question is related to this. I experimented a bit, and changed in policy for the user access to be restricted via password. That worked ok, and then i wanted to revert back. Changed the policy, applied it to the computer, but it still is not applied. I even restarted the computer..In the pictures below you can find settings i set up for the policy setting, current configuration from one client that i requested from ERA and all the policies that are applied to the client. All other settings changed with no probems, only this password setting wont revert to no password:

This is the confiruation that i requested form ERA, and you can see that password protect is on.

post-6646-0-31065500-1426168762_thumb.jpg

In policy setup you can see that password protect is off.

post-6646-0-08361500-1426168763_thumb.jpg

This is the only policy in which i did changes to the Access Setup of User interface..

UPDATE:

Even when i removed and unassigned the policy that i worked on with this password, and clients are refreshed, and there is no policy, it still has password protection when i request configuration, and on the client itself, it still askes me for password, even though i removed and that setting,and the whole policy.. Its like,that setting is stuck. 

Another update:

I applied back the policy, and on the section Access setup, i change to force and did nothing to the password protect, just clicked on force. And not it works.

post-6646-0-27902800-1426177557_thumb.jpg

Ok, it apperas that this works that way? So its not enough for us to remove the policy or just to change the setting, if we changed something, in order to work as before, we have to undo the change and force it, or apply it? We cant simply remove the policy?

Edited by ucvijan

Hi, 

Just to bump this as i wrote a whole lot of thing in previous post. 

Your suggestion is to do remote command to restart of egui.exe after EEA install?

Can you please write down the remote command which would do that? I tried with powershell, and cmd, even with admin rights, and it wont reset. That is process in process list egui.exe

If i do localy from powershell Stop-Process -Name egui, even with Admin rights, it wont stop it.(this command works on some different process) Maybe there is some better way,easier to send command to restart the process. If so,please do tell, i will continue do try to find out why it wont work. 

Can you please help with this issue?

Is there a way to restart egui.exe? On the client itself i tried all the powershell commands i could think off, and for every command there is an error. Same commands work for EraAgentSvc..

So no one is gonna answer me? How do i do this thing? Hot to remotely restart egui.exe

For changes of this setting to take effect, a restart of egui.exe is needed.

How to do this,please, its been several days now..If there is no way of doing this,then tell me there is no way..

• Administrators
  • Solution

Egui cannot be restarted remotely with self-defense enabled. You can do it only manually by holding Shift and clicking X. Otherwise a computer restart or logoff / logon will be needed for egui to restart.

• Administrators

Ok, it apperas that this works that way? So its not enough for us to remove the policy or just to change the setting, if we changed something, in order to work as before, we have to undo the change and force it, or apply it?

Probably multiple policies were applied to the client and another one setting a password for protection had higher priority over the one that was supposed to remove the password. By selecting Force, you enforced the setting when the policies were merged before applying.

Egui cannot be restarted remotely with self-defense enabled. You can do it only manually by holding Shift and clicking X. Otherwise a computer restart or logoff / logon will be needed for egui to restart.

Thank you Marcos, now i can stop searching the way to do this remotely.