BSOD due to ESET v. 11.0.2044.0

Will send you soon - now ultimate testing phase: ESET agent left, antivirus uninstalled (working on Windows Defender). Will let you know.

Hi, I have the same problem

NTB DELL 

SYMBOL_NAME:  em006_64+c28a

MODULE_NAME: em006_64

IMAGE_NAME:  em006_64.dll

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xfffffb08f9ce5e90 ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  c28a

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  AV_em006_64!unknown_function

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

Exactly, I also suspect that it may also be a BIOS problem. The problem appeared a week ago. This may be related to a given Dell model, Win11Pro updates or Eset update.
Yesterday I turned off Eset and experienced a BSOD when turning off the computer. This time the em006-64.dll file is not in the BSOD. There is only ntoskrnl.exe, which also appeared previously.

It is noticeable that BSODs occur more often when I am not working on the computer than when I am working.

@Conrad71 - I have exactly the same symptoms. Even BIOS update to 1.14 didn't help. Right now full updated OptiPlex 7010 SFF with no ESET rebooted today's morning. For all 120 Dell PC I have in my infrastructure only 3 x 7010 and 1 x 5090 behaves bad this way, so it isn't related to ESET I suspect... Will share my further observations. Thanks.

Hi everybody,

Same issue here with a Dell Latitude 5440.

I'm currently upgrading BIOS to see if it fix the problem.

Also openned a Eset support case...

If anybody have a solution...

Thanks

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, wormboy74 said:

Also openned a Eset support case...

Some users in this topic confirmed the BSOD occurred also with ESET uninstalled. You can try it as well and temporarily use Defender as real-time protection to find out if it makes a difference or not.

@Marcos - you are using outdated information. I have written already it may be related to Windows Defender... BSOD happened without ESET onboard...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pan Bambaryla said:

Latest dbglog attached. It has something  to do with MsMpEng.exe proces (Windows Defender).Windbg.txt

MsMpEng.exe should not be loaded and running with Eset installed. The only exception is if WD on-demand scanning was manually enabled.

However, it has been observed by some running Win 11 that WD real-time scanning is running concurrently with Eset real-time scanning for some unknown reason. Windows Security Center examination would verify if this is the case. If the BSOD is occurring for devices in this status, it at least points to the source of the problem.

Edited by itman

On 5/9/2024 at 4:01 PM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately those are just minidumps. Please configure Windows to generate kernel dumps as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb380 and reproduce the crash. Then provide the kernel crash dump as well as logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

Does the crash occur also with C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DellBV.sys renamed in safe mode?

I have renamed DellBV.sys, but BSOD still occurs. And I have checked that MsMpEng.exe is not running.

I have sent you a private message, the download URL of the dump file, could you please check it? Thank you.

We also have this BSOD problem with Em006_64.dll on a Dell 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1370P   1.90 GHz, with ESET  11.0.2044.0.

Dont know if BSOD is linked or not to ESET. It appears among 20 minutes after started the PC.

Any idea ?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ALYATIS85 said:

We also have this BSOD problem with Em006_64.dll on a Dell 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1370P   1.90 GHz, with ESET  11.0.2044.0.

If it's a Dell machine, uninstalling Dell SupportAssist will most likely fix it. The crash was reported to occur also on machines without ESET.

On 5/17/2024 at 10:53 AM, Marcos said:

Some users in this topic confirmed the BSOD occurred also with ESET uninstalled. You can try it as well and temporarily use Defender as real-time protection to find out if it makes a difference or not.

Hi,

I tried with Eset uninstalled. No BSOD (4hours of test). I reinstalled it and then BSOD in 20 minutes...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, wormboy74 said:

I tried with Eset uninstalled. No BSOD (4hours of test). I reinstalled it and then BSOD in 20 minutes...

Can you confirm it's not a Dell machine with SupportAssist installed?

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

If it's a Dell machine, uninstalling Dell SupportAssist will most likely fix it. The crash was reported to occur also on machines without ESET.

This is really interesting idea - all the previous problems were near-SupportAssist related (few BSODs while testing). Interestingly it happens on new CPU-s mainly, 13-th Intel generation. Will give it a try.

Nope! I have just remotely uninstalled Support Assist, installed ESET again - and I have boot loop (single BSOD today on logout until that time). The machine is in remote location so cannot troubleshot at the moment until an user comes back,,, Still no solution.

Hi.

I have the same problem with Dell OptiPlex Micro Plus 7010 (13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500T 1.60 GHz).  

I experienced BSOD appears 2 times a day. Morning I turn on the machine, the BSOD appears 2 times within 1 hour. Then works without BSOD until i turned off the machine at the eveneing. And it happens every day.

This is very annoying, because this is my "new" working machine!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Pan Bambaryla said:

Nope! I have just remotely uninstalled Support Assist, installed ESET again - and I have boot loop (single BSOD today on logout until that time). The machine is in remote location so cannot troubleshot at the moment until an user comes back,,, Still no solution.

Please provide a dump from a crash where Dell Support Assistant was removed, ie. where DellInstrumentation.sys was not loaded. I'd suggest to double check that C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DellInstrumentation.sys doesn't exist on the machine.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Guci73 said:

Hi.

I have the same problem with Dell OptiPlex Micro Plus 7010 (13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500T 1.60 GHz).  

I experienced BSOD appears 2 times a day. Morning I turn on the machine, the BSOD appears 2 times within 1 hour. Then works without BSOD until i turned off the machine at the eveneing. And it happens every day.

This is very annoying, because this is my "new" working machine!

Does the issue persist after uninstalling Dell Support Assistant?

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

I uninstalled Dell Support Assisstant now, and I will test it tomorrow.

For me, it seems that after uninstalling dell support assist, the blue screen was resolved. I'll let you know if anything changes, so far the laptop is not restarting.

I uninstalled Dell Support Assisstant yesterday evening.  I think it's resolved. There was no BSOD since morning. I'm still testing and will let you know, if there is a change.

Thank you

• Administrators

I uninstall Dell Support Assist but the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DellInstrumentation.sys is still there.

Do we need to delete it manually ?

Since I don't have a Dell machine I can't test it myself if uninstalling Dell Support Assist leaves DellInstrumentation.sys on the disk but it shouldn't. At least it should not be registered in the system. Please try renaming it (in safe mode, if necessary) and reboot the machine.