ESS statistics question

I was just looking over my ESS settings, in the statistics section.  I see that in the category of Antivirus and Antispyware protection, the graph shows that 30 objects were "cleaned".  I have only set Web protection and the startup scan to automatically clean.  (I want to be notified before anything else is cleaned or quarantined.)  I did visit the Eicar test site, and ESET shows access blocked and 3 instances of objects being quarantined.  There are 3 listings, two of which say there are 3 items and the other has one item in quarantine.

Is there any way I can find out what ESET "cleaned"?  If ESET finds something and does something, I want to know exactly what it found and what it did with it.  

Thanks.

Running Windows 8 64, ESS 6.0.316

• Administrators

I have only set Web protection and the startup scan to automatically clean.  (I want to be notified before anything else is cleaned or quarantined.)  I did visit the Eicar test site, and ESET shows access blocked and 3 instances of objects being quarantined.  There are 3 listings, two of which say there are 3 items and the other has one item in quarantine.

The reason why you weren't prompted for an action is mentioned in your post. If the connection is terminated, you'll see the following record in the Detected threats log:

19. 6. 2013 7:16:21    HTTP filter    file    hxxp://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com    Eicar test file    connection terminated - quarantined    %USER%    Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: 

I'd like to emphasize that changing the default cleaning mode is not recommended. Switching it to manual cleaning may render your computer unusable if infected with ransomware for instance and you'll need to resort to using rescue cd to clean it out.

Marcos, I understand not being prompted for an action if the ESET is set to autoclean.  I just want to see a record of what exactly was cleaned so I know what happened.  

Do you think the "30 objects" were related to the eicar test page, then?  There are 7 lines in the "Detected threats" log under "Tools".  If anything else was autocleaned by ESET, say during the startup scan, for example, would there be a record somewhere of what was "cleaned"?  That's really what I would like to know--just what were these 30 objects? I had done a full scan and I read the log from that.  Nothing was listed there as having been cleaned.  

Edited to add:  OK, I see that the Web Access and Anti-Phishing portion of the statistics also shows 30 objects cleaned.  Looks like it could be related to my activities at the Eicar test page.  

Edited by Near_Far