what happen to win7 if I upgrade eset protect to v11

Hi:

normally I will just press "product  update" when there is new version of eset protect. but today I review the v11 changelog and found that win7 support is removed.  if I press the "product update" will my win7 desktop no longer be manageable? or no win7 support just means that v11 can not be installed at win7 ?

Edited by tbsky

Just upgraded to ESET PROTECT on-prem 11, and the single Windows 7 computer in my domain retained the versions as previously: ESET Endpoint Security 9.1.2063.0, and ESET Management Agent 10.1.1292.0.

Other computers are already on EES 11.0.2032.0 and Agent got upgraded to 11.0.503.0.

Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, FRiC said:

Just upgraded to ESET PROTECT on-prem 11, and the single Windows 7 computer in my domain retained the versions as previously: ESET Endpoint Security 9.1.2063.0, and ESET Management Agent 10.1.1292.0.

Other computers are already on EES 11.0.2032.0 and Agent got upgraded to 11.0.503.0.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirm. so it seems works. but ESET may refuse to support this kind of configuration if I understand the release notes sentence correctly: "REMOVED: Windows 7/8/8.1 support".

It's strange ESET forum administrators won't answer questions like these which need to clarify  support status. maybe I needs to create ticket.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone else that has any experience on the issue? I have still a significant number of Windows 7 machines managed by the Protect and thus so far i am not eager to update it to 11 without knowing the answer.

Specifically, i am interested not only about the status of the already managed machines, but also about whther it would be possible to add new ones (or reinstall/reattach Endpoint installations whose Agents stopped responding for one reason or another, which seems to be not so infrequent issue with 10.1 agent line)

Edited by Tomasz Trynkowski

• Most Valued Members

I've not been able to upgrade my Win7 systems to the latest version also.  Heck,  even my 8.1 system isn't updating.  It's still stuck at 9.x . 

Edit:

The thing is,  ESET Protect will see these systems but will have them highlighted as yellow.  I've attempted to upgrade one Win7 to ESS 10.x; but the task would fail.

Edited by ewong