Discontinuation of ESET PROTECT On-Premises Products with 2 weeks notice???

Go to solution Solved by j-gray,

We just received an email yesterday (30/10/2023) from  au.marketing[at]security.eset.com that gave us 2 WEEKS NOTICE that on-prem Protect products are discontinued on November 13, 2023.

What's going on? There is no news of this that I could find on the support forums or ESET tech support.

Has there been a security scare with on-prem products? Does the EOL of Centos and lack of migration path to Rocky Linux for the Protect appliance have anything to do with this announcement? 

We're in the dark on this sudden direction change for ESET Protect.

Here's the first section of the email:

Subject: ESET l Major Announcement l Discontinuation of ESET PROTECT On-Premises Products

Dear Valued Partner,

Amidst our ongoing communication and dedicated efforts concerning On-Prem to Cloud Upgrades and Cloud Migration campaigns in 2023, we wish to update you on a crucial development related to our On-Premises product offerings.

As of November 13, 2023, all ESET PROTECT On-Premises products will no longer be available for new purchases in the ESET Partner Portal.

In addition to this, we regret to inform you that ESET PROTECT Essential On-Prem and Essential Plus On-Prem Products will no longer be accessible for renewal, enlargement, upgrades, or downgrades in the ESET Partner Portal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @OlafB,

I assume that it is just a misunderstanding.

This seems to be related to End o sales of some of the offerings i.e. not the product themselves.

I may assure you, that the currently deployed products will stay functional according to our EoL policy, available at https://support-eol.eset.com/en/index.html

When it comes to the ESET PROTECT Virtual Appliance, which is currently based on CentOS there will be a communication covering it, but one of the options for our customers will be to migrate to a new ESET PROTECT Virtual Appliance, based on a supported distribution.

Peter, ESET HQ

• Solution

@OlafB Just a heads-up; we've been on-prem for some time, but when it came to renwal time (~30 days), ESET increased the price of the on-prem solution by 112%.

With that little lead time and such a significant increase, we had no choice but to go (extremely grudgingly) to the Cloud. This was early October of this year.

This is the first time I am hearing about the end of sale for ESET Protect.  Since we are an existing customer, I understand our console will continue to work.  However, should we expect development of the on-prem offering to cease? If so, how long should we reasonably expect to be on-prem before being forced to the cloud?

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

On 11/14/2023 at 2:25 AM, kingoftheworld said:

This is the first time I am hearing about the end of sale for ESET Protect.  Since we are an existing customer, I understand our console will continue to work.  However, should we expect development of the on-prem offering to cease? If so, how long should we reasonably expect to be on-prem before being forced to the cloud?

the ESET PROTECT on-prem will work, it is being actively developed and supported.
As I mentioned only sales of some of the license offerings / bundles are not anymore available.

End of support of a product have to be with accordance to the ESET End of life policy, which is available at https://support-eol.eset.com/en/index.html

Even the current version of ESET PROTECT on-prem will be supported for a long time https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/product_tables.html (ESET On-premises Consoles)

Peter