Firewall with module version 1438.2 blocks applications with short path

labynko

Hello.

It is surprising to me that the release of the latest new versions is not accompanied by open beta testing, and they contain a lot of bugs.
And what is most surprising is that in versions where there are no bugs, they are not released as an automatic update for a very long time, and in versions where there are bugs, they are released instantly.
It was all a lyrical digression, and here is a new firewall bug in which supposedly nothing has changed, but nevertheless, this is another oddity.
With the firewall module 1438.2, if the full path to the program is specified in the firewall rule, then EES does not correctly process the shortened path. The screenshots below show an example where EES blocks incoming connections to the APC PowerChute Business Edition agent. I note that before (before the firewall module version 1438.2), everything was fine. Even adding the shortened program path to the firewall rule does not solve the problem! Thus, now, due to the incorrect operation of the firewall, many network interactions are blocked and nothing can be done about it.
Short path: C:\PROGRA~2\APC\POWERC~1\agent\pbeagent.exe
Full Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\pbeagent.exe

image.thumb.png.30015f594630ab775c09be28f66bc957.png

image.thumb.png.acaa842914f3239daba50e3859ee8204.png

image.png.52b9a55cc20d474c63288f04eedcad7f.png

• Administrators

I've tested 8.3 paths with updates from both the regular and the pre-release update channels and it worked, the communication was blocked in this case:
image.png