ESET Internet Security version 16.2.11 change network profile

Hi,

How I can know if my current network profile is public? And if not how to change it to public?

My seating is set to ask as the attach I don’t want to take it from windows.

Thanks

ESET Internet Security 7_29_2023 11_46_19 AM.png

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, User13 said:

Hi,

How I can know if my current network profile is public? And if not how to change it to public?

My seating is set to ask as the attach I don’t want to take it from windows.

Thanks

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3754-change-network-connection-firewall-setting-in-eset-windows-home-products#:~:text=Click Setup → Network protection.&text=Click Network connections.&text=Hover the mouse cursor over,network connection and click OK.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, Marcos said:

You can see currently detected networks under Setup -> Network connections

image.png

The 3 dots on the right hand side says edit or forget.  What does the forget do and does it delete that network?

Edited by Purpleroses

On 7/29/2023 at 5:02 AM, User13 said:

Under network connection profiles I thought they listed all the network profiles.  I had a problem with my internet and it created the name of my cable company local 2, 3 , 4 networks but I don't see them under Network Connection profiles I wanted to delete those three?

14 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

I had a problem with my internet and it created the name of my cable company local 2, 3 , 4 networks but I don't see them under Network Connection profiles I wanted to delete those three?

Multiple network connections show on my ver. 16.2.11 installation per the the below screen shot;

Eset_Connections.thumb.png.2fbc796625f66c1af66dc80e5b2de1e7.png

Also, care needs to be taken when removing network connections. For example, my second network connection is only used at system startup time with Eset auto switching to the first network connection shortly thereafter.

Finally, ver. 16.2.11 changed how network connections are displayed and modified. The only way to view existing network connections is via the above Network connections option. They are no longer viewable via Network access protection section in Advanced Setup mode.

Further, settings for any network connection setup automatically by Eset are no longer modifiable other than for Connection profile type; why Eset did so is beyond me. It is possible to set up a new network connection manually but you have to create a new Network connection profile to do so.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...