Renewal Woes

Guest ChrisG
Go to solution Solved by dwomack,

Guest ChrisG

Hi, I've been a customer for 7 years, on Mac, Win and Linux, and have valued your products.  Today when I went to renew my license on my Mac I was told that because the license had expired I would be unable to renew and would need to purchase a new license.  This will cost me more than $10 extra over the renewal price for 2 years.  I was aware that the license was about to expire from the message in the ESET application window, but was waiting until expiry to renew.  If you really are going to disallow renewal a day after my license has expired I think it would be appropriate to mention the fact in the warning message in the application.  Mad bro!

.cg.

• Former ESET Employees

Were you told this online or over the phone? If I may ask, what country are you in? I'd really like to get this resolved for you if I can.

Guest ChrisG

This was online, and I am Canadian.  I clicked the link in the application (ESET Cybersecurity on Mac) to renew (hxxp://www.eset.com/us/renew/?lang=1033&dguid=19&username=....) and entered my email address, at which point I was informed that the renewal period was over and I would have to purchase a new license. Thanks for checking.

.cg.

• Former ESET Employees
  • Solution

OK you should still be within your renewal period. Based on your original post, I'm assuming your license expired yesterday (Wednesday at longest) and since you've been with us for 7 years, I'm also assuming you've renewed through us before. If the above is true, you should be able to renew your license at renewal prices.

The next two possible options are below:

1. Try renewing online through hxxp://www.eset.com/us/renew & If this still doesn't work, try option 2.
2. Call our Sales Dept directly. The number is 866-343-3738 and they're open M-F, 7am-5pm PT.

If you're comfortable renewing over the phone, I'd recommend just giving us a call.
if both options fail, please post back and let us know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron R

I am a current user, and I have purchased a CD (great sale price) and wanted to use it to renew my license. I dont see an entry to Activate using product key; rather, i get sent to the purchase page. Can you please let me know how to do that please?

Thanks
Ron

• Former ESET Employees

I am a current user, and I have purchased a CD (great sale price) and wanted to use it to renew my license. I dont see an entry to Activate using product key; rather, i get sent to the purchase page. Can you please let me know how to do that please?

Thanks

Ron

You can activate your product key from hxxp://www.eset.com/activate

After completing the webform and clicking "Submit" you'll be sent to a blank page showing your new Username and password. This will also be emailed to the address you provide.

Once you have this new username and password, enter the new username and password into your ESET Program Window. Your product will display your new expiration date the next time it updates the virus signature database...or you can also run one manually.