How long should i wait before updating to endpoint security version 10

Mromeroq
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• Administrators
  • Solution

It's up to you. We start automatic product update in about a month after the release. I'd recommend to start with upgrading a couple of machines after the release and then gradually upgrade the other machines or wait for automatic upgrade.

My go to way it to upgrade some manually and test it and then just wait a month for the automatic update.

One big advantage for me is the users don't get the pop-up from Windows saying "their computer might be at risk" after a manual update. Because I guess the firewall gets interrupted for a short while and windows sends out the pop-up. Whereas in the automatic updates, this does not happen.

It would be a nice feature if we could push the update manually, in the way the automatic update works.

So select a group of endpoints to be updated next time there is a restart.

4 hours ago, TvM said:

It would be a nice feature if we could push the update manually, in the way the automatic update works.

So select a group of endpoints to be updated next time there is a restart.

You can already do that. I find it easiest to click on the product version bar in the dashboard and choose which endpoints to update, and whether they should automatically restart or not.

41 minutes ago, FRiC said:

You can already do that. I find it easiest to click on the product version bar in the dashboard and choose which endpoints to update, and whether they should automatically restart or not.

But the users still get a popup telling them to restart (you can only delay it so long). And from what I understand from other threads, protection is not active until the restart. I agree with @TvM, It would be a nice feature if we could push the update manually, in the way the automatic update works.

12 hours ago, LesRMed said:

But the users still get a popup telling them to restart (you can only delay it so long). And from what I understand from other threads, protection is not active until the restart. I agree with @TvM, It would be a nice feature if we could push the update manually, in the way the automatic update works.

If you don't select the "Allow restart when needed" checkbox there's no popup. But I was under the impression that protection is still enabled, only new features will be enabled after restart. Will have to test more. But yes, I too agree we should be allowed to push out the update with the update feature and not having to do it manually.

P.S. And yeah, right now my users are not affected by pop-ups, restart issues, etc. because I push out the update after hours.