BUG - OS Last boot time is related to reboot task

eclipse79

Hello

I am interested in new feature available in Eset Protect Cloud V4.

In Protect Cloud changelog I see ADDED: Last boot time in computer details (boot, not restart).

Well, this field is only calculated when clients perform a restart. If you shutdown a client and then you perform a normal startup, "OS Last boot time" field will not be resetted. 

Bye

F.

• ESET Staff

Hello. this might be related to a fact, that "shutdown" actually not shutting down the computer, but putting it into some state of hibernation (when the "fast startup" is enabled"). I would expect, that when you disable it, then the particular entry will be correctly updated. 

Hello

disabling "fast boot" the issue is not fixed. The bug may be related to the way in which agent analyzes the windows events. 

If I clear all windows events and I shutdown, on next reboot the "os last boot time" will be correctly updated. Anyway it is a temprary fix. If you reboot and then shutdown/startup again the system, the field will not be updated anymore until next reboot.

Fabio

Edited by eclipse79

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello Fabio,

if it behaves this way, I assume it will have to be analyzed from the logs to see what exactly the agent reports.

Enable the trace verbosity logging for the agent, reproduce the issue and open a case with the log collected with ESET Log Collector and reference to this forum topic to have it checked.

Thank you, Peter

• ESET Moderators

Hello @eclipse79

btw. do you have the agents on the latest version available?

I assume that they were auto-updated already, https://help.eset.com/protect_cloud/en-US/agent_autoupgrade.html so I recommend to check how it behaves with it now.

Peter

Yes, I have 10.0.1126.0 that is latest agent version available for windows system.

I opened a support ticket, they told me that this behavior does not occur in ESET HQ, but this issue in my case occurs in all my windows clients :(

I sent my log files before and after the deletion of windows events (this operation temporarly fix the issue, until next shutdown and boot). Let's wait their reply...

Fabio

Edited by eclipse79

• ESET Staff

Would it be possible to check uptime/system boot time on the affected device using system tools, i.e. for example using command from this article: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-check-your-computer-uptime-windows-10
We would like to know whether system reports also unchanged uptime or there might be an issue in ESET Management Agent reporting wrong value, as it currently relies on system provided date.

Damn, launching "wmic path Win32_OperatingSystem get LastBootUpTime" I got wrong date, that is exactly the same datetime shown in Eset.

Edited by eclipse79