Jump to content

OS X upgrade to v7 causes Product not Activated for EEI connector


Recommended Posts

This happened last time I tested v7 on an OS X client. v7 was an earlier release and the EEI connector was an earlier version, as well.

I just ran an OS X AV upgrade from v6 to v7 with EEI connector 1.7.1991.0. The AV upgrade completes successfully, but the EEI connector goes into a 'not activated' state.

I can run an activation task, it completes successfully, but EEI connector still shows not activated even after several reboots.

Is this a known issue? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please open a support ticket since further logs will be needed. We have tried to reproduce the issue to no avail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marcos I will try. I haven't had much luck with Level 1 support in the past.

I'm also finding the same issue on Windows Servers now, too.

The upgrade from 1.7.1991 to 1.8.2211.0 is successful, but then the license check immediately fails, causing the product to become deactivated. I see the following in the EIConnector logs:

02fd4 Error: Failed to enable additional hashes or clean metadata cache in endpoint. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_DISABLED_IN_CONFIG_ENGINE (21803)

followed by

2022-10-26 15:31:39 0276c Error: License check failed. Try 1 out of 5. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)
2022-10-26 15:31:39 0276c Error: License check failed. Try 2 out of 5. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)
2022-10-26 15:32:39 0276c Error: License check failed. Try 3 out of 5. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)
2022-10-26 15:32:39 0298c Error: Failure to obtain banned hashes version. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)
2022-10-26 15:32:39 0298c Error: Error while sending control request to server at "xxx.x.xx.x:8093". banHashes: Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)
2022-10-26 15:33:10 0298c Error: Failure to obtain banned hashes version. Request to ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus failed. Error PERSEUS_E_EI_NO_LICENSE (21801)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

How did you activate EI on endpoints? While I don't assume you did it wrong since you've been using EEI for some time already, make sure that:
1, The EEI license be added to you EBA account first
2, The EBA account is added to the ESET PROTECT license manager.
3, A correct license is selected in the product activation task.

Should the problem persist, enable advanced licensing logging prior to an activation attempt as follows

sudo /Applications/ESET\ Endpoint\ Antivirus.app/Contents/MacOS/esets_daemon --ecp
or
sudo /Applications/ESET\ Endpoint\ Security.app/Contents/MacOS/esets_daemon --ecp
depending on whether you have "Antivirus" or "Security"

Start esets daemon :
sudo launchctl start com.eset.esets_daemon

The logs will be created here, please provide them:
/Library/Application\ Support/ESET/esets/cache/data/ecp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, @Marcos

I'm using the same install task as I've used for the past several upgrades, and it's using the same license as it's used for all previous upgrades. The install task when created automatically chooses the correct license file.

So if the product is activated, an upgrade to the product using the same license will require a re-activation?

I'll work on collecting the logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Should the problem persist, enable advanced licensing logging prior to an activation attempt as follows

sudo /Applications/ESET\ Endpoint\ Antivirus.app/Contents/MacOS/esets_daemon --ecp

The esets_daemon file does not exist in this directory, so throws a "command not found" error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also just confirmed that a clean install succeeds, so something specific to the upgrade is causing the failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Support Case #00444283

For the record, we've determined that the activation failure occurs on:

  1. Windows Servers running Server Security when upgrading EI Connector to v.1.8.2211.0
    • Subsequent activation tasks fail
    • Uninstall/reinstall or repair of EI Connector fixes the issue
  2. OS X workstations running Endpoint Antivirus v7
    • Upgrade to v7 breaks activation for v.1.8.2211.0 as well as previous version 1.7.1991.0
    • Subsequent activation tasks fail
    • Uninstall/reinstall does not resolve the issue.

Have not had any follow up from support yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

No updates since 10/28. Sent several emails to support on 10/31 and 10/04 and no reply.

It would be great if we could get a status update. Even better if we could get this working on servers and Mac clients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...