What made you choose Smart Security over just the Antivirus

Just out of interest I was wondering why you chose the full suite.  Due to the fact that I am considering upgrading but not sure because I am behind a hardware firewall and never connect to any other networks with my machines so don't really see a need for the firewall.  Unless you lot can convince me otherwise, which I am willing to keep an open mind.

I just find it interesting to see why people choose the level of protection that they do.

My reasoning is knowing that I am on a safe network, I didn't feel the need for the firewall and thought that the antivirus alone should keep me safe, especially all the machines capable of running Nod are running it.

• Administrators

Main reasons why to choose ESET Smart Security:

- firewall

- antispam

- Anti-Theft

Anti-malware protection features:

- Botnet protection

- Vulnerability shield

Main reasons why to choose ESET Smart Security:

- firewall

- antispam

- Anti-Theft

Anti-malware protection features:

- Botnet protection

- Vulnerability shield

The Botnet protection would probably be the only reason for me to upgrade I think.  However would the Antivirus not pick up before I get infected?

Just out of interest I was wondering why you chose the full suite. 

I find the ability to control which application have internet access useful.

My router has a firewall but I'm not that impressed with it and suspect malware would get through it. So PC level firewall adds some extra protection.

No all of my computers remain behind said firewall.

The extra protection offered by the suite may help

However I don't find ESET spam filtering useful as I don't run outlook and where I do it is more likely to conflict with requirements than help

I haven't bothered to set up Anti theft as most my computers do not have a camera.

• Administrators

The Botnet protection would probably be the only reason for me to upgrade I think.  However would the Antivirus not pick up before I get infected?

Botnet protection comes into play if a bot has made it through other protection layers (web protection, real-time protection, advanced memory scanner).

From the beginning I picked ESS for the firewall, but today I would also pick it for the Botnet protection and Vulnerability shield that works at the network layer. I like to use both hardware and software firewalls.