What is compiler error?

• Administrators

First of all please try clearing update cache in the advanced update setup. If that doesn't resolve the issue, carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

First of all please try clearing update cache in the advanced update setup. If that doesn't resolve the issue, carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

There is no way to do this because the product does not open. I try to go to windows safe mode to use the tool but it doesn't go to safe mode.
1 - I did a test I removed any program that is on the computer I restarted the machine when I came back the program was there. as if windows had frozen to not let remove any programs on the computer.
2- I went to msconfig to enter safe mode on windows, restarted the computer but it did not enter. entered the normal account, as if it had not saved the settings I put.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

There is no way to do this because the product does not open. I try to go to windows safe mode to use the tool but it doesn't go to safe mode.
1 - I did a test I removed any program that is on the computer I restarted the machine when I came back the program was there. as if windows had frozen to not let remove any programs on the computer.
2- I went to msconfig to enter safe mode on windows, restarted the computer but it did not enter. entered the normal account, as if it had not saved the settings I put.

Are you saying eset is not opening at all as unsure how you've shown a screenshot of the main homepage then

• ESET Insiders
11 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

To me this sounds like there is some kind of restore software installed (like Deep Freeze or Shadow Defender) which reverts all changes when system is restarted.

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

To me this sounds like there is some kind of restore software installed (like Deep Freeze or Shadow Defender) which reverts all changes when system is restarted.

Look, I thought the same, but I know these programs and I can say that there are no programs that freeze the system.

34 minutes ago, itman said:

Have you tried to enter Safe mode via Win 10 recovery environment; i.e. boot from Win 10 installation/recovery media?

Unfortunately there is no way for me to do that because I access the person's pc remotely.

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

Are you saying eset is not opening at all as unsure how you've shown a screenshot of the main homepage then

That's right the eset until it opens in a few moments as the print above shows, so when I try to update it says "General computer error" is in the first print of the topic.

50 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Unfortunately there is no way for me to do that because I access the person's pc remotely.

Are you saying the Eset module compiler errors are occurring on the remotely accessed PC Eset installation? This would be a first.

50 minutes ago, itman said:

Are you saying the Eset module compiler errors are occurring on the remotely accessed PC Eset installation? This would be a first.

ESET is already installed, but when it goes to update the database to change to version 15.2.11.0 it gives the error.

I've tried it when I'm going to try to uninstall it at the time it's uninstalling from the BLUE SCREEN there when I go back to windows I try to uninstall it again from the blue screen again.
when i try to uninstall with windows safe mode i go and set it to go into safe mode when i restart the computer. it doesn't save the change i put to restart in safe mode.
I did a following test I went to remove any other program I restarted the computer and when I come back the program was installed there.
I checked to see if there is a program that freezes the machine.
What am I going to do and format the machine and the best way to solve it.
I thank you all in advance for your help.

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

I've tried it when I'm going to try to uninstall it at the time it's uninstalling from the BLUE SCREEN there when I go back to windows I try to uninstall it again from the blue screen again.
when i try to uninstall with windows safe mode i go and set it to go into safe mode when i restart the computer. it doesn't save the change i put to restart in safe mode.
I did a following test I went to remove any other program I restarted the computer and when I come back the program was installed there.
I checked to see if there is a program that freezes the machine.
What am I going to do and format the machine and the best way to solve it.
I thank you all in advance for your help.

Confused about this bust if might be a translation issue. Are you saying any changes to uninstalls are coming back when rebooted? Sounds like a virtual machine that is set to reset once rebooted if that is the case.

Also if this effects non Eset programs sounds more like a Windows issue 

I am also confused since my question wasn't answered.

Are you remotely connecting to the client's PC and attempting to perform an Eset product update on the client's PC while still remotely connected to it?

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

Confused about this bust if might be a translation issue. Are you saying any changes to uninstalls are coming back when rebooted? Sounds like a virtual machine that is set to reset once rebooted if that is the case.

Also if this effects non Eset programs sounds more like a Windows issue 

I'm thinking it's a windows problem. I gave advice to the customer to format the machine.

3 hours ago, itman said:

I am also confused since my question wasn't answered.

Are you remotely connecting to the client's PC and attempting to perform an Eset product update on the client's PC while still remotely connected to it?

Exactly, I was remotely connected to the client's pc trying to update the Eset product, and it kept showing an error.

But suggest a formatting of the client machine. since not even a system restore could be done, even when I tried to restore the machine it gave BLUE SCREEN. preventing me from doing a system restore.

1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

Exactly, I was remotely connected to the client's pc trying to update the Eset product, and it kept showing an error.

Very interesting find.

I would create a support ticket on this one. At least, you should find out that Eset consumer products cannot be product updated via a remote session which seems the case here.

26 minutes ago, itman said:

Very interesting find.

I would create a support ticket on this one. At least, you should find out that Eset consumer products cannot be product updated via a remote session which seems the case here.

I don't think it's because of the remote I was doing on the client's pc.
The client informed that it was not updating before I did the remote on the pc. so the error that appeared was very strange.
I went to remove some programs from the client's computer after they were removed I restarted the pc and did the remote again when I checked the programs that I went to remove were all there. I checked if there wasn't any program like (Deep Freeze or Shadow Defender) but I didn't have these programs.
I thought it was ESET, so I removed ESET. at the time of uninstall again it gave BLUE SCREEN.
Finally, to solve problems faster, I recommended a formatting to be done.

I want to believe that it is windows that was having some problem.

28 minutes ago, itman said:

Did the client's PC have Win 7 installed?

What was installed was Windows 10 21H2.

When I opened the Edge browser to navigate, it gave BLUE SCREEN. strange that.