Jump to content

Eset and Google chrome together?


Go to solution Solved by m4v3r1ck,

Recommended Posts

In 2020 I saw this article on the ESET website.
https://www.eset.com/br/sobre/blog/corporativo/google-chrome-e-eset-se-unem-na-luta-contra-ameacas-online/
I wanted to know if you still have this partnership with ESET.
If you still have this partnership, is it true that it is safer to use google chrome than other browsers Firefox and Edge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

In 2020 I saw this article on the ESET website.
https://www.eset.com/br/sobre/blog/corporativo/google-chrome-e-eset-se-unem-na-luta-contra-ameacas-online/
I wanted to know if you still have this partnership with ESET.
If you still have this partnership, is it true that it is safer to use google chrome than other browsers Firefox and Edge?

I think browser wise it always depends on user preference. Each browser tends to have its own security features. Each also suffers from rouge extensions sometimes bypassing their security vetting.

I use Chrome as I have an android phone so I have my browser history synced which is handy. However I know a lot of People avoid it for privacy issues as Google often has a lot of privacy concerns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Chrome and Edge would be similar to eachother since they share the same engine , but each company would add their unique features

Firefox focuses on privacy , depending on your needs , but 3 of those should be considered safe.

For me I go with Firefox for all usage , Chromium for things that doesn't work properly , but mainly Firefox.

with uBlock origin and uMatrix ( uMatrix can cause websites to break so it's not recommended to all)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators
4 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

But what I wanted to know is if this partnership still exists with eset and chrome?

Yes as fart as I know.

Peter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

If you still have this partnership, is it true that it is safer to use google chrome than other browsers Firefox and Edge?

The answer to this is only if you don't have Eset installed.

First, refer to this article: https://www.bullfrag.com/chrome-cleanup-google-chromes-antivirus-will-remain-based-on-eset/ . Chrome's Cleanup utility employs the base Eset engine for malware detection purposes. In other words, it's performing the same functions as an Eset on-demand scan does; nothing more.

Additional ref.: https://www.eset.com/us/google-chrome/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be that guy and put it out there that Chrome has some security issues and weird advertising and analytics projects like FLoC embedded in it, where you don't even know if you're a participant unless you investigate the code yourself or use one of the detection sites, and I don't recommend it for anyone. Much better off using a Chromium based browser like Vivaldi, or even Edge over Chrome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, j_mo said:

I'm gonna be that guy and put it out there that Chrome has some security issues and weird advertising and analytics projects like FLoC embedded in it, where you don't even know if you're a participant unless you investigate the code yourself or use one of the detection sites, and I don't recommend it for anyone. Much better off using a Chromium based browser like Vivaldi, or even Edge over Chrome.

About Analytics , it would be the same thing for Edge , since even Windows 10 is so hungry for your information and data , Edge will be no different since it's made by the same people and the same vision.

Chromium can be the best among them in terms of the same engine browsers since it's the original and open source

Firefox also is good and won't stick it's nose everywhere you go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
  • Solution

What's your experience with the Chrome Helper. I have turned on interactive mode in Cyber Security Pro - macOS - for some time now and I see lots of traffic going on for Chrome Helper using Chrome for macOS | Chrome is up to date Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (x86_64).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, m4v3r1ck said:

What's your experience with the Chrome Helper. I have turned on interactive mode in Cyber Security Pro - macOS - for some time now and I see lots of traffic going on for Chrome Helper using Chrome for macOS | Chrome is up to date Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (x86_64).

If chrome is collecting information ESET shouldn't let that happen.
Why does ESET allow this collection of personal information to the user?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders

Update: I have imported all my Chrome websites into Firefox Release v97.0 February 8, 2022

Let me find out if this will make a difference. So far so good.

Keep you posted.... 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

If chrome is collecting information ESET shouldn't let that happen.
Why does ESET allow this collection of personal information to the user?

Eset focuses more on security than general privacy. There are programs designed to block stuff such as telemetry. Spybot for example has Antiabecon which can block telemetry forapps, browsers and windows updates.

I did ask if Eset would ever consider something similar but I think they where concerned about the legality I.e. if they claim Microsoft is stealing data and block it could Microsoft deny and sue. There's then the risk that blocking some stuff could cause issues I.e. stuff stops working

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Insiders
On 2/17/2022 at 10:18 AM, peteyt said:

Eset focuses more on security than general privacy. There are programs designed to block stuff such as telemetry. Spybot for example has Antiabecon which can block telemetry forapps, browsers and windows updates.

Happy with Fire Fox so far. No more massive data-exchanges running thru the Firewall Interactive Mode. Changed my standard browser in Windows 10 Pro 21H2 to FireFox too.

Happy camper, have a nice weekend...😎

Edited by m4v3r1ck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...