ESET Protection for older Server OS Versions

Hello,

since ESET File Security for Windows seems to be deprecated now and Version 7.2 will soon be not supported anymore, what should we do about older server products? Of course, replace them with a newer version - but we still have some special servers that can't be upgrade at all, but have to run anyways, at least for another while.

Which ESET Product can be recommended for eg. Windows Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit?

ESET Protect tells me that even File Security 7.3. 32-bit version is not available on the repository.

• Administrators

I recall we end support for legacy Windows Server x86 systems completely. Double-checking with a product manager to make sure.

Thank you Marcos. This is of course, bad news. We won't be able to upgrade all of our systems until the end of this year.

Maybe there is an acceptable workaround? How about putting those old systems in another network segment and scan all of the traffic with gateway security?

Edited by EURO-LOG

• Administrators

I've learned that a decision about EFSW 7.3 has not been made yet so you should be able to continue using for now on systems that cannot be upgraded.

• ESET Moderators
3 hours ago, EURO-LOG said:

Ok thank you. But - as stated above - EFSW 7.3 32-bit version seems to be not available for download?

Afaik, we only offer the 64-bit installer starting with EFSW 7.3 from the download page (I only checked /us page). 32-bit only available for 7.2.

• ESET Insiders
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can find links to EULA and changelogs in the repository list:

image.png

So a download link to the EFSW 7.2 x86 msi is as follows:

hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/efs/windows/v7/7.2.12004.2/efsw_nt32.msi

Marcos can ESET still be installed on Server 2003 by chance?  Crazy I know but have to ask.  Thanks.