Server Security V8 (old File Security) and autoupgrades?

I see that the Endpoint Antivirus from 8.1 onward will auto upgrade itself. Version upgrades can be turned off via Eset Protect policy but anything considered a bug or security issue will auto upgrade endpoint no matter what. Does the File Security V8 and onward upgrading work in the same way? Security and bug updates are force installed no matter what?  While its one thing to have users restart their pc, force upgrading servers and requiring restarts without notice is another.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @slarkins,

Upgrades for ESET security products for Windows servers will be released this time in a way to allow to skip or postpone the upgrade.

Note that the restart won't happen automatically even on the Endpoints and the the upgrade is being applied on restart so the old version is protecting the system normally...

Peter

I assume the option to postpone,allow of skip will be in the advanced settings of file security endpoint v8? Or will this be a unique server endpoint only type policy in Eset Protect v9?

On 1/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, Marcos said:

You will be asked to select the desired action when a program update (uPCU) gets downloaded.

When should we expect a uPCU update for v8 to address the vulnerability in the release notes?

• ESET Moderators
18 hours ago, kingoftheworld said:

When should we expect a uPCU update for v8 to address the vulnerability in the release notes?

The uPCU updates for Endpoints 8.0 and 8.1 are already available.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

thank you for spotting it, I didn't realize that we are in the servers realm...

The uPCU for ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server has been released already too (on January 31), but it has spread control set to 20% now.

Peter