eset_rtp.ko

Matriciel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

That is due to Kernel not being supported

Software requirements

The following operating systems of 64-bit architecture are officially supported and tested:

Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit

Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8 with supported desktop environment installed.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15

But none of these operating systems have kernel 5.16

On 2/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, Nightowl said:

That is due to Kernel not being supported

But none of these operating systems have kernel 5.16

I have a compilation error, i know that something was not up to date, but i want to know if an upgrade will be available soon

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Matriciel said:

I have a compilation error, i know that something was not up to date, but i want to know if an upgrade will be available soon

I am afraid I cannot answer that as I am not an ESET staff member , that question would go to some moderator/staff if they will notice this post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:02 AM, Matriciel said:

Endpoint 8.1.7 was recently released. I still have compilation errors unfortunately. 🙁

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

as a first step I would recommend to try https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/?realtime-protection-cannot-start.html 

If the issue persists on a supported Linux, I recommend to collect the logs as described at https://support.eset.com/en/kb6159-run-the-info-getcommand-on-a-linux-virtual-machine-and-send-the-logs-to-eset-technical-support?ref=esf and open a ticket with your local ESET support to check.

Peter

Suffering from the same thing, new Ubuntu installation, Assuming it's related to a new kernel? 

current one is 5.14

*update*

Just wanted to update - I changed the kernel boot to start from 5.10 (previous one saved) and it activated the Agent no problem. 
So it's definitely a kernel support, or should I say, lack of. 

Thanks guys, - hope it'll get fixed soon.

Edited by avielc

I was running OpenSUSE Tumbleweed on kernel 5.16. There was no easy way to roll back to 5.15 kernel on Tumbleweed, so I gave up. I reinstalled Arch and installed the 5.15 LTS kernel. Works fine on 5.15 but not 5.16.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...