Question | Watching EEI information inside ESET Protect 9 console

Go to solution Solved by Damian K,

Hi There. 

I saw in the release notes that ESET PROTECT 9 has support to show the EEI information inside its console. 

Anytime I tried to click on information I was redirected to the other server (and not the right link either, but that's a different issue. ) 

How do I see the EEI information inside the ESET PROTECT Console.

This is a separate issue, but  might as well ask - how do I get the right hostname information when clicking the EEI link (I'm directed to the Server name, and not the DNS record I gave the EEI Server. 

Thanks!

• ESET Staff

Hello @avielc Can you please point me towards the particular "release notes" article / item, where this was mentioned? As per my knowledge, there was no change made in ESET PROTECT, with regards to showing the information from Enterprise Inspector. EI detections are available in "detections" tab, and you can navigate to EI instance by clicking the link. 

With regards to the linking, I will have to check with engineering team. 

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

Hello @avielc Can you please point me towards the particular "release notes" article / item, where this was mentioned? As per my knowledge, there was no change made in ESET PROTECT, with regards to showing the information from Enterprise Inspector. EI detections are available in "detections" tab, and you can navigate to EI instance by clicking the link. 

With regards to the linking, I will have to check with engineering team. 

My apologies, seems I confused EDTD with EEI in the release notes. 
never used Dynamic threat (yet) so it was somewhat confusing to understand the difference between the two.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb8130-whats-new-in-eset-protect-90

• ESET Staff
  • Solution
On 11/24/2021 at 1:56 PM, avielc said:

This is a separate issue, but  might as well ask - how do I get the right hostname information when clicking the EEI link (I'm directed to the Server name, and not the DNS record I gave the EEI Server. 

This is described here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb7683-change-the-hostname-redirect-to-eset-enterprise-inspector-server-from-eset-security-management-center

18 hours ago, Damian K said:

Hi Damian, I tried following that guide (Must emphasize I'm using ESET PROTECT, and not ESMC) it didn't work, I'm still being directed to the dc domain name and not the public one. 
Anything I should do more? I thought maybe configuring that on the ESET PROTECT .ini file if there's such a thing, it would've do the right redirect.

I'm doing a second update here just to make it clear. 
This has been resolved. my missing step was the following missing information from the suggested KB above:
You need to trigger new detections that will contain the link to the new hostname configured in the applied EEI configurations. 

in other words, this is something that only occurs on new detections after applying changes to the eei-server configurations, not on older detections. (kind of important info) 

Thanks Damian!

• 2 months later...

@Damian K - Just a follow up on this. 
Apparently this settings got lost after an update from 1.6.1764 to .1766 - not sure if this should happen or might have been a glitch for me.

Edited by avielc