Upgraded to ESET Endpoint AntiVirus in Linux Mint but GUI not working

Guest logomage

Well that's it really, I'm running Linux Mint but when I upgraded from NOD32 AV to ESET Endpoint AntiVirus, nothing happens when I attempt to launch the program and the GUI I think is supposed to display doesn't, so I don't know if the program is working or not.

• Administrators

Linux Mint is not supported. For a list of supported distributions, please refer to https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/installation.html?system_requirements.html:

Software requirements

The following operating systems of 64-bit architecture are officially supported and tested:

Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit

Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8 with supported desktop environment installed.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cristian - ESET LATAM

Guys, I understand that it is not officially for Debian, therefore it does not work for Mint. but .. does it work with Lubuntu?

• Most Valued Members

As far as I have seen that only GNOME can show you the GUI , others can't , I am with MATE and I can't launch the GUI.

Hit the same issue today. Using Linux Mint MATE desktop. Nod32 will be discontinued August 2022 and the renewal is due in 5 days. Only renewal option was for the new software which jumped from £29/yr to £79/yr and it won't even work...

Phoned ESET to 'downgraded' the license back to Nod32 and took manual payment over the phone at a discounted rate up to July 31st 2022 so we still have some cover.

Hopefully in the next 10 months ESET will create a version that works on the MATE desktop environment or I can find a suitable alternative that will.

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, Guest Matthew said:

Hit the same issue today. Using Linux Mint MATE desktop. Nod32 will be discontinued August 2022 and the renewal is due in 5 days. Only renewal option was for the new software which jumped from £29/yr to £79/yr and it won't even work...

Phoned ESET to 'downgraded' the license back to Nod32 and took manual payment over the phone at a discounted rate up to July 31st 2022 so we still have some cover.

Hopefully in the next 10 months ESET will create a version that works on the MATE desktop environment or I can find a suitable alternative that will.

Problem is that they are if I'm correct, discontinuing the home version. Apparently it costs too much to run and maintain it and it has a too small user base. I do believe they are open to it in the future if their is better interest 

• 1 month later...

Same Here. With more than 1000 Ubuntu 20.04 mate Desktops, still using version 4.0.96. Maybe we will be forced to change antivirus provider....

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Guest Hugo said:

Same Here. With more than 1000 Ubuntu 20.04 mate Desktops, still using version 4.0.96. Maybe we will be forced to change antivirus provider....

If you have about 1000 machines with Linux, you should have a business license which entitles you to download and install ESET Endpoint Security for Linux v8. Does the problem with v8?

• 1 month later...

Same issue with mint on cinnamon. Nod32 worked fine. Just renewed my subscriptions and downloaded the latest endpoint AV and it no longer works. It's a real pity since Eset provided one of the AVs IMO.