Mail Security EOL

Greetings,

the announcement that EMSL will reach EOL this year hit me hard. Can anybody tell me what caused this disastrous decision? Is there a follow-up product? This creates a huge gap in my portfolio as partner and enduser. 

What are you guys end up using?

Cheers
Joshi

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET Mail Security for Linux is based on the v4 engine which is quite old, and has been in Limited Support for quite a while (continues to receive module updates, only fixes for critical bugs and vulnerabilities, support for existing customers, etc.).  It has not been offered for download for quite some time now. 

There are no plans for a successor product at the current time, but that could change given market opportunity.  It is best that you contact your local ESET office or distributor to discuss further, as this forum is primarily for user-to-user peer support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• ESET Staff

Hello @Joshi - I will be interested in hearing more about the particular deployments of this product in your / your customers environment. For what they were using it? What kind of mail servers they have been using? We are discussing internally a potential successor, but no decision has been made yet. Your insights might be very helpful. You can message me directly over here, if you do not want to disclose details publicly. 

• 2 months later...

I'm afraid you failed to recognize the importance of the Linux platform. In my case, we support multiple clients with thousands of mailboxes and end user Windows machines.

Without support for Linux mail server (postfix+amavis) all these customers will switch to a different AV solution, both for their mail services but also for their Windows machines. They want one solution for everything.

Too bad, eset was great. Now it will just be a memory for thousands of users.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @ivoks,

as MichalJ said before

On 7/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, MichalJ said:

Your insights might be very helpful. You can message me directly over here, if you do not want to disclose details publicly. 

so please contact him to discuss this further.

Thank you, Peter

On 7/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello @Joshi - I will be interested in hearing more about the particular deployments of this product in your / your customers environment. For what they were using it? What kind of mail servers they have been using? We are discussing internally a potential successor, but no decision has been made yet. Your insights might be very helpful. You can message me directly over here, if you do not want to disclose details publicly. 

Hi @MichalJ

If it's matter, I also would like to vote to continue somehow with mail server security solution under linux. I using it as a milter with postfix. 

I could pass to ESET the virus check of the attachements with amavisd, but in this way I lose the spam filtering.

Thanks!

Levi

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/18/2021 at 12:30 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @ivoks,

as MichalJ said before

so please contact him to discuss this further.

Thank you, Peter

Having the same issue as our mailserver is running on Linux. Is there any successor already in place?

Thanks,

Mino

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Mino said:

Having the same issue as our mailserver is running on Linux. Is there any successor already in place?

You can answer MichalJ's questions here or drop him a personal message.

• 5 months later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello guys @Joshi, @ivoks, @Levi, @Mino

I would recommend you to take part in https://forum.eset.com/topic/32193-eset-mail-security-for-linuxbsdsolaris-customer-research/ as the team responsible is looking forward to hear opinions of customers so you may directly influence the decision making...

Peter on behalf of the teams responsible