ESET Management Agent Upgrade Warning

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello.  I'm in the process of upgrading my clients from ESET Management Agent 8.0.1238.0 to 8.1.1223.0 and when I run an ESET PROTECT Components Upgrade on a PC, I receive the warning below during the installation process.  I also receive this message when I try to deploy agent_x64.msi using my deployment software.  Is there a way to disable this from coming up?  If I click "Keep rules", I have to enter admin credentials, which most users do not have on their PCs.  Thanks!

image.png.a71d807708232f20c18509ba193f6ab8.png

Hmm, does the warning pop up on the user's computer? I didn't see anything but the endpoints stop connecting to ESET PROTECT and I have to manually disable the firewall for them to connect. After connecting everything returns to normal.

In my case, if the user is logged into Windows, the firewall message pops up.  If the user isn't logged into Windows, the message pops up the next time they login.

• Administrators
  • Solution

The issue is known and it's addressed by the firewall module 1424 which is currently available on the pre-release update channel. We are on it and discussing the possibility to release the module to all users as soon as possible.

Ok, with the module update, is this that will download automatically to client PCs and we'll just have to wait for that to complete before processing with more agent upgrades?  Or is that something we'll need to push out from ESET PROTECT?

• Administrators

Yes, the module will update automatically within 1-2 hours. Since then the application modification dialog will not pop up any more after upgrading Agent to v8.1. You can wait with sending the ESET PROTECT component upgrade task a bit; Agent v8.0 will report to ESET PROTECT server 8.1 alright.

Running into the same issue here.  I just updated my ESET PROTECT server to version 8.1.  With that being said, agents will automatically update and I just need to push out the new ESET Endpoint Security afterwards?  Thanks.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

With that being said, agents will automatically update

You will have to send an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task to clients to upgrade agent to v8.1.

and I just need to push out the new ESET Endpoint Security afterwards?

If you enable automatic program updates via a policy, approximately after 30 days you will have just to accept the current EULA and endpoints will update automatically to the latest version. Alternatively you can send a software install task to clients but this will require a computer restart.

It's also possible to upgrade just Endpoint and ESET PROTECT later. It's even possible to upgrade just agent and ESET PROTECT and Endpoint later but that would not make sense and would not give you any new benefits.

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

You will have to send an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task to clients to upgrade agent to v8.1.

If you enable automatic program updates via a policy, approximately after 30 days you will have just to accept the current EULA and endpoints will update automatically to the latest version. Alternatively you can send a software install task to clients but this will require a computer restart.

It's also possible to upgrade just Endpoint and ESET PROTECT later. It's even possible to upgrade just agent and ESET PROTECT and Endpoint later but that would not make sense and would not give you any new benefits.

Thanks so much Marcos I appreciate it.  I am doing the component upgrade task this evening and will look to setup the automatic program updates.  So by doing this, no restart is required?  That is a very nice addition to the product.  Much appreciated!  :)

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

Thanks so much Marcos I appreciate it.  I am doing the component upgrade task this evening and will look to setup the automatic program updates.  So by doing this, no restart is required?  That is a very nice addition to the product.  Much appreciated!  :)

I was looking around for the enable automatic program updates but did not see anything aside from the below.  Is this is or am I missing something here?

image.thumb.png.36fd6dd0e389d041afd9896dafb77b0b.png