External SSD protection

Guest Pemicas

Hello folks,

I currently run 2 external SSDs from my desktop. One for executing docs etc and the other as back up. In the last couple of weeks when correcting or altering information on original docs I have been denied access or had the doc disappear altogether! I obviously have some sort of a virus, but does Eset not protect all drives on my machine?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Peter  

• Administrators

ESET protects all drives unless you exclude them from scanning. It might or might not have been malware that removed the files. Is it still happening and you are able to reproduce it?

6 hours ago, Guest Pemicas said:

when correcting or altering information on original docs I have been denied access or had the doc disappear altogether! I

Does this happen for all files on the drives regardless of what folder they reside in?

Have you verified for the "disappeared" files that they have been actually been deleted? Ensure you have enabled "Show hidden folders/files" in Win explorer settings.

Guest Pemicas

Thank you Marcos, the level of protection is reassuring.

Re the 'disappearing' files, I believe the problem may be related to me using a Word suite from 2007! I have uprgraded to 365 and the problem seems to have been eliminated. My fingers are x'ed!

Regards,

P