Eset email telling me my "Freemium" license has expired

So, i got an email from noreply@orders.eset.com telling me "I am now using Freemium" on Eset Mobile Security. Point is, my license appears in good order and expiring in 2022 as usual.

What worries me is whether someone else is installing a freemium version on a cloned account. I didn't receive any such notification and i changed my password on the account connected to the mobile. The reason why i am doing this is that i imported a trekking map from a trekking article in Taiwan and all those location points from a third user now show on my GMAPs on the mobile so i am thinking, far fetched, that some exploit might be connected to it. I repeat, i had no signs of any violation whatsoever apart from ESET email telling me i am on a Freemium licence when all of my licenses expire in 2022.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Rick

• Administrators

I was able to find only one license registered with your forum email address. It's a freemium license for ESET Parental Control, ie. there is no expiration.

Since you mentioned licenses that are due to expire in 2022, please provide public license IDs in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

I was able to find only one license registered with your forum email address. It's a freemium license for ESET Parental Control, ie. there is no expiration.

Since you mentioned licenses that are due to expire in 2022, please provide public license IDs in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

Hi Marcos,

I sent you a message.

Best

Rick

• Administrators

The other license for EIS with public ID 3AF-EHK-FJ3 is valid until Jan 15, 2022.

Do you have a mobile phone with Android and a Google Play account registered to your forum email address? Is the same account used on one or more phones?

The freemium license was created in Feb 2019. I assume that Parental Control was installed on a phone using your GP account and was uninstalled after some time.

45 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The other license for EIS with public ID 3AF-EHK-FJ3 is valid until Jan 15, 2022.

Do you have a mobile phone with Android and a Google Play account registered to your forum email address? Is the same account used on one or more phones?

The freemium license was created in Feb 2019. I assume that Parental Control was installed on a phone using your GP account and was uninstalled after some time.

Nope. What might have happened is that i installed ESET mobile to test it, including parental control, and then removed it. In that period i was removing the old AV and experimenting. In the process i might have used different emails. At the moment, the sole one is the one i posted you with, to the best of my knowledge.

But what you say makes sense. I should be safe. Things are a bit "hectic" in terms of threats here. From phone scammers, to phishing and else. So i wondered why i got that email exactly minutes after i had opened that trekking route on a Gmap link which then self-imported on my mobile and persisted. I removed it but Google never told me checking those would create a semi-permanent overlay on my personal GMAP with someone else's POIs.

Thanks a lot.

Rick

Edited by PassingBy