ESET won't start or open

Manu72

Hello. I've had ESET for a while now and recently i noticed that the program isn't opening.

I tried looking for it on task manager so i could close and open again but nothing shows up there, the program isn't running at all.

So after that i went on computer services and noticed that ESET Service is Disabled so naturally i tried setting it as Automatic when booting the computer but it won't let me, it says access denied. I also tried running services as admin and doesn't work either.

Can someone help me?

denied.JPG

I don't want to lose my key, I have the 1 year plan on this computer and since I can't access the program I can't export the ESET config as an .xml file, what do i do?

18 minutes ago, Manu72 said:

I don't want to lose my key

Do you know what your existing Eset license key is? If so when you reinstall Eset, you can use that key to activate Eset.

13 minutes ago, Manu72 said:

Is there a way for me to find the key on the computer files?

No.

You should have received the key in an e-mail from whomever you purchased it from. If you purchased a boxed version of Eset, the key is shown on an insert within the CD case. Otherwise, post your Eset public license ID as shown below and hopefully @Marcos can PM you your license key

Eset_Tech.thumb.png.39e62b574c567cde9d4ef34cce474f8a.png

I had exactly the same issue on two my computers. The latest ESET was unable to start with multiple critical errors. I've tried to reinstall, reinstall in safe mode, use uninstall tool. Nothing helped. After multiple attempts, ESET support was able to install 12.2.30.0 version from offline package with no issues. I was told to wait for the next application update and do not upgrade from version 12 for now.

• Administrators

It's necessary to upgrade to the latest version (currently v13.2) within the next few months or the product will stop updating modules.

If you check https://support-eol.eset.com/en/affected.html, you'll find out that v12.2 is affected with the following issues that will occur soon:

Your ESET product is in Limited support and will reach End of Life soon
Cross Certification issue
ESET product not compatible with future Windows 10 updates

Please uninstall v12 and install v13.2 from scratch. Should you encounter issues, open a new topic and provide also logs collected with ESET Log Collector as well as a screen shot of the error you get.

• 1 month later...

Hi Marcos

My problem is a bit different, I have openSUSE 15.2 installed on both the PC and laptop. The PC is fine but the laptop is a bit flakey. Since I installed virtualbox (through YAST2 so it should be the correct version for 15.2) the NOD32 icon isn't visible on the taskbar, it does virus updates automatically in the background, so I know it's running but I can't select it and do virus checks when I want. Now the strange thing is if I restart the laptop, then NOD32 appears and runs as normal. The product version is: 4.0.95.0

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Christopher

The eset icon is now visible, every time I start the laptop. What I did was right click at the very bottom of the panel, on the right hand side under the widgets (software update, volume, etc.) and selected configure system tray.

Under entries I changed the visibility for the eset icon from 'shown when relevant' to 'always shown'.

Regards

Christopher

Just to give an update after a while it became obvious that the solution above only worked intermittently and on occasion the eset icon wouldn't be visible. In the end I bit the bullet and did a reinstall, it's been a couple of days and so far the eset icon continues to be accessible on the panel.

Regards

Christopher