In rar Files Viurses Can be Detected But not Cleaned !!

Hi Every One
My Eset Endpoint Security 5.0.2 can't delete viruses inside archive Files like .rar Files ???

Viurses Can be Detected But not Cleaned !!!

how i can fix it ??

• Administrators

First of all, you are using a very old ESET Endpoint security product. We recommend uninstalling it and installing the latest version 7.2 from scratch to ensure that default settings are used. If you are still using Windows XP, use the latest version 6.5.

As for cleaning in archives, I will need to find out which archives are fully supported. Normally it's up to the user to remove infected files from archives after being detected.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

First of all, you are using a very old ESET Endpoint security product. We recommend uninstalling it and installing the latest version 7.2 from scratch to ensure that default settings are used. If you are still using Windows XP, use the latest version 6.5.

As for cleaning in archives, I will need to find out which archives are fully supported. Normally it's up to the user to remove infected files from archives after being detected.

thanks alot Marcos

first question : can i use my license of 5.0.2 to 7.2 version ?

and i make the signature data base shared to some of client to get updates

if i change the version is there is any problem ??

second question : i have a lot of infected .rar files infected with a virus inside

can i have a way to delete these virus in rar files without delete the rar file ???

• Administrators

1, Your license entitles you to download any previous or future version of the product that you have purchased.

2, To update offline clients, we recommend using an http proxy. If they are completely offline, use the Mirror tool to create a mirror that you can transfer to the offline clients to update them.

3, You can remove detected files from archives manually. Alternatively you could use strict cleaning mode, however, in such case the whole archives would be deleted.

31 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, Your license entitles you to download any previous or future version of the product that you have purchased.

2, To update offline clients, we recommend using an http proxy. If they are completely offline, use the Mirror tool to create a mirror that you can transfer to the offline clients to update them.

3, You can remove detected files from archives manually. Alternatively you could use strict cleaning mode, however, in such case the whole archives would be deleted.

really thanks a lot Marcos

another question please

i have a network with windows 7 sp1 and windows 10 clients

what version of Eset endpoint security should i have to install ?

should the version in server side and client side be the same version ?? (i use

http proxy )

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Use the latest v7.2. In case of Windows 7, the prerequisites are as follows:

Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 with latest Windows updates (at least KB4474419 and KB4490628)

Is there is any problem if i have a 7.2 version in server side and 5.0.2 in client side ??

is there is any problem in clients of getting updates  from server ??

• Most Valued Members
24 minutes ago, akram1987 said:

Is there is any problem if i have a 7.2 version in server side and 5.0.2 in client side ??

is there is any problem in clients of getting updates  from server ??

There shouldn't be any problems with newer versions , it should bring you new features and bug fixes and more protection layers.

• Administrators

Especially on Windows 10 you should always use the latest version. As Microsoft updates to new major versions, it will require new versions of Endpoint for compatibility reasons. Within a couple of months we anticipate Endpoint 7.3 to be required to be installed for compatibility with Windows 10 updates that will be introduced.