Sys Rescue Live doesn´t update

For a potentially compromised System I´ve downloaded the iso yesterday. It took time due tho the <50kbs speed but now I´m ready to scan. 

But I don´t think that makes sense with a signature database that´s more that 9 months old. Why didn´t makes the live system updates? If I click the Version shown in that screen, I´ll be led to the website that displays the actual versions. How to get them?

2020-03-22 12_11_35-KG-HYPERV - TeamViewer.png

Cannot update virus signature database?

If you cannot update virus signature database with internet connection available, clear the update cache:

1. Press F5 to open the ESET SysRescue preferences window.

2. Click Update, then click Clear (see the figure below) and close the window.

3. Run Update virus signature database again as described in step 4.

SOLN3509FIG2-3_sub.png

If you still cannot update, try to update at a later time.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3509-how-do-i-use-eset-sysrescue-live-to-clean-my-computer

Edited by itman

3 hours ago, MysticMagican said:

For a potentially compromised System I´ve downloaded the iso yesterday. It took time due tho the <50kbs speed but now I´m ready to scan. 

It is not advisable to download/create SysRescue media on a compromised system. Try to do so on a device known to be malware free and see if this resolves the updating issue.

3 hours ago, itman said:

It is not advisable to download/create SysRescue media on a compromised system. Try to do so on a device known to be malware free and see if this resolves the updating issue.

Where did I say that I´ve downloaded the iso on the systems I want to scan?

1 minute ago, MysticMagican said:

Where did I say that I´ve downloaded the iso on the systems I want to scan?

I inferred it from this wording:

• Administrators

It could be that there was a temporary higher load on update server so they primarily served activated clients. ESET SysRescue is based on a legacy Linux version and doesn't support activation.

I've tried it myself and it eventually updated:

image.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It could be that there was a temporary higher load on update server so they primarily served activated clients. ESET SysRescue is based on a legacy Linux version and doesn't support activation.

After 5 hours and many tries I could made updates on all machines - 2 of the 4 servers were finished already. The both remaining are scanning now.
What I don´t understand - why are the definitions in the iso outdated this much? Other live cd´s are updated on a daily base. It happened already in the past years, that I had to scan machines wich are not online with a stick or disc I prepared the day before I head to the customer.

But anyway, patience was the key, thank you all for the replies.