I have noticed when I turn on my new computer eset shows me an ipv6 address under network device.  Then when I go into network protection troubleshooting  I see my computer blocked incoming Netbios request.  Then If my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up eventually under network device it will only show an ipv4 address not the ipv6 address.  Is there anything I should be concerned about?  I'm not computer wise on technical side of the computer.  I still have access to the internet when it is just the ipv4 address and the blocking does not affect anything on my end/

From the command prompt window, enter less the quote marks "ipconfig /all". This will show all IPv4 and IPv6 network information. This information is populated from data gained from the network initialization phase that occurs at boot and resume from sleep via the Win DHCP service. The Win DHCP service will connect to your ISP servers to get this data. In the case where your ISP is a "dual fork" network, it will allow for both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity resulting in both being shown in the ipconfig /all display.

14 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

I see my computer blocked incoming Netbios request. 

This is dependent upon Eset firewall profile setting.

Eset only allows inbound NetBIOS traffic if both file and printer sharing service option is enabled, and the firewall profile is Home/Work network. This is because inbound NetBIOS traffic is only allowed from trusted IP addresses which are addresses within your local subnet range.

When the Home/Work network profile is used, all IP addresses within your local subnet are considered trusted. The reverse is the case when the Public profile is used; no IP addresses are considered trusted.

Note that NetBIOS only applies to IPv4 connectivity.

Make a note of the IPv4 address shown in the Network Wizard display. If it is not a local subnet address and you are using the Home/Work network profile, this could indicate a possible external intrusion attempt.

14 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

Then If my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up eventually under network device it will only show an ipv4 address not the ipv6 address.  Is there anything I should be concerned about? 

Upon resume from sleep mode, run ipconfig /all and verify if this is indeed the case.

Edited by itman

Thank you Itman!!  Everything seems to be working today.  I did the ipconfig/all and everything matches my ip and subnet address.  We have been having some issues with our internet provider and they been working on some stuff.  So I was not a where of that until today.