about loungesrc.net

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, itproblem said:

Hi guys,

NOD32 keep blocking loungesrc.net .   What can I do?  Is loungesrc.net a virus website?

Thank you.

00.jpg

Is this happening when only viewing one specific website or all the time. Of it's all the time I'm wondering if it could be a browser extension

10 hours ago, peteyt said:

Is this happening when only viewing one specific website or all the time. Of it's all the time I'm wondering if it could be a browser extension

It happened when I viewed different sites (including even google.com)

My NOD 32 in-depth scan just finished, and it founded nothing.  (I also deleted Firefox cache and cookies, but the problems keep happening)

Here are more details of the problems I keep getting

00.jpg.71a10a4c8e7b4a3354be9d32192c6ac8.jpg

001.jpg.7cc2b2838a23bee850f56b469b3daa73.jpg

Edited by itproblem

• Administrators

Exactly what I expected - a compromised website that loads an external javascript JS/Adware.Revizer. The solution is to avoid visiting such compromised websites until an administrator of the website cleans it and takes measures to prevent further re-infection.

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Exactly what I expected - a compromised website that loads an external javascript JS/Adware.Revizer. The solution is to avoid visiting such compromised websites until an administrator of the website cleans it and takes measures to prevent further re-infection.

How would the user remove it? He is still getting alerts even when not visiting

9 hours ago, itproblem said:

It happened when I viewed different sites (including even google.com)

My NOD 32 in-depth scan just finished, and it founded nothing.  (I also deleted Firefox cache and cookies, but the problems keep happening)

Here are more details of the problems I keep getting

00.jpg.71a10a4c8e7b4a3354be9d32192c6ac8.jpg

001.jpg.7cc2b2838a23bee850f56b469b3daa73.jpg

Try running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Seems its effective in removing the offending extension.

Ref.: https://support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1228037

On 12/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, itman said:

Try running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

Not very encouraging when another antimalware (free) is being recommended to clean-up whatever ESET (paid0 is not able to do....

Edited by local

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, local said:

Not very encouraging when another antimalware (free) is being recommended to clean-up whatever ESET (paid0 is not able to do....

1, There is no AV that would detect 100% of malware so it's normal that users try running a scan with another AV.
2, The other AV was not recommended by ESET staff.
3, ESET ranks much higher in tests in terms of detection than the security software that was recommended to try. By the way, it's not free. The free version provides only on-demand scanning. Similar to what ESET offers for free - the ESET Online Scanner.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

By the way, it's not free

The recommended action was " Try running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware" which can be performed by the free version of Malwarebytes.

17 minutes ago, Marcos said:

ESET ranks much higher in tests in terms of detection than the security software that was recommended to try

It s true, but at the same time ESET ranks the lowest compared with the leading competitors or even Windows defender from Microsoft , so not something you should mention or be proud of.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

There is no AV that would detect 100% of malware

Yes, this is the general statement to justify non-detection/

@local

Is this the same character that keeps getting banned and then making themselves new accounts just to sh!te-spam a product they obviously do not use yet spend so much time slagging off?

Edited by Hpoonis

• Administrators
2 hours ago, local said:

It s true, but at the same time ESET ranks the lowest compared with the leading competitors or even Windows defender from Microsoft , so not something you should mention or be proud of.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/business-security-test-2019-august-november/

Also it's crucial to compare the number of false positives and consider also the impact on performance.

• Marcos locked this topic