Renewal question.

k.crabbe

Tried renewing the other day (my license runs out in 11 days) and got this message. " The renewal period for this license has expired. You will need to purchase
a new license in order to continue protection with ESET.
" I'm within my renewal period, so I'm a little confused. I opened a case on the 20th and received a case number saying ESET would get back to me within 1 business day. I know I may be jumping the gun, but I want to get this taken care of. If ESET says 1 business day then it should be 1 business day. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello k. crabbe

If you renew a 1 year license for NOD32, it will cost 39.99.

If you purchase a new license, the cost will be 39.99.

Edit: The above may be incorrect after discussing here.

I would recommend navigating to the specified product you would like to purchase or rewew/use , and purchase a new license , as there may be some internal issue with the current license you are using.

You would be able to update your contact information tied to the new license, and install the new one into the software by activation.

You should be able to right-click the systray icon and select Activate Now, and enter the new license.

I hope this helps. :)

Edited by Arakasi

Thanks for the reply Arakasi. I was trying to renew ESET Smart Security 7. The renewal price is $44.99 through the "renew license" button that comes up in my ESET SS window. A new license is $59.99. I want to know why I need to buy a new license for an extra $15 when I'm within my renewal period. That's all. If it's a legitimate answer, I have no problems buying a new license. I renewed last year without a hitch.

Edited by k.crabbe

Hello k. crabbe

If you renew a 1 year license for NOD32, it will cost 39.99.

If you purchase a new license, the cost will be 39.99.

I hope this helps. :)

Same price?  :o I did at least get some money off the price when I renewed the last time.  :)

Thanks for the reply Arakasi. I was trying to renew ESET Smart Security 7. The renewal price is $44.99 through the "renew license" button that comes up in my ESET SS window. A new license is $59.99. I want to know why I need to buy a new license for an extra $15 when I'm within my renewal period. That's all. If it's a legitimate answer, I have no problems buying a new license. I renewed last year without a hitch.

You don't need to buy a new license if you are within the renewal period. One should be able to renew up to 30 days after the license have expired. :)

Edited by SweX

I may be wrong, and will stand corrected, but it also may be different with ESS. :)

As we know by now, not every distributor does this or that in the same way so it's hard to know what's right and wrong I think.  :)

True that Swex.

I control the license for all my clients.

I make sure they are taken care of and are not over paying, then again i only started less then a year ago, so if they are subject to a lesser cost, my sales engineer will let me know what i can offer them etc.

I would wait for an ESET staff response on a consumer license renewal.

I would wait for an ESET staff response on a consumer license renewal.

I agree Arakasi. 

One thing i'm pretty sure on is that the OP needs to renew through the same store/distributor/reseller/ or else it won't work. Unless that have changed recently  :unsure:

Thanks for all the info. folks. All my renewals have been through the ESET site/store. Like I said, last year I renewed without a problem. Click the button on my ESET SS that says "renew license" that takes me to the site. Choose my product. Pay my money. Get my info via e-mail, enter username and password and I'm done. I've been doing it the same way for 5-6 years. Still have my receipts and e-mails from last year. Bought a new license on 2/19/2013. Only this year it said I needed a new license. Probably a glitch in the system somewhere. It's just a little aggravating. At least I didn't wait until the last minute, so I have time to get it figured out.

Also keep in mind the General section does not get as much attention as the Nod32 and Smart Security sections of the forum.

It sometimes takes a little longer to get an official response in this thread. :)