ESET Mobile Security not support SMS & call filter, anti theft SMS command due to Google policy

Dear all,

Last night I received the update of ESET Mobile Security version 4.3.7.0-0 and give me a announcement that due to New Google Play Permission Restrictions  some of features removed:  SMS & Call Filter, SMS Text Command, Trusted Friends. Please see the attachement

Through this forum please give me the advice how to check the device location and to remote lock if my mobile phone lost as in the "My.ESET.Com" didn't have the remote Anti theft command.

Awaiting the advice.

Thanks & B/regards,

Screenshot_20181221-072838.png

Screenshot_20181221-072847.png

Edited by HANDJOJO

Please ESET provide an optional apk download from your site where the app has SMS text commands and other security features that Google forbids through play store policies.

ESET Please bring back the capability to download the apk file to avoid less function of the Anti Theft and SMS & Call Filter due to Google Play Permission Restrictions.

Awaiting the information.

Thanks & B/regards,

• Marcos changed the title to ESET Mobile Security not support SMS & call filter, anti theft SMS command due to Google policy

Thanks.

But when I download and install the new apk file, it works , but I don't find how to import my parameters.

In fact I would like to keep my old parameters 

Regards

Thanks for the apk link, but the version offered there is older than the Play Store version. Also, will it notify users to download new version when needed?

Edited by ECELeader

Hi,

Is someone can tell me how to recover my old list of numbers in the "SMS/call filter" menu ?

I have tried many things without success.

I have spent time to build this list.

Many thanks.

Regards

On 12/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, Marcos said:

It's been available via https://support.eset.com/kb6563.

Dear Marcos,

Thank you for your information, unfortunately the APK  is the old version (version 3) compare to Google Store is version 4.

Please update the APK file to the latest version of ver 4.

Awaiting the information.

Best regards,

Edited by HANDJOJO

On 12/22/2018 at 3:12 AM, Marcos said:

It's been available via https://support.eset.com/kb6563.

I cannot seem to get my license recognized to work. I use my registered paid for Play Store email, but the APK just keeps telling me I have no internet, which - as you can read - is not the case, and ends in error. 

Why won't apk d/l version use/retrieve Play Store license? 

So, SMS & Call Filter was the primary reason I got ESET for Android. Why would ESET let Google dictate what functions they can provide and what are we supposed to use now?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, panman said:

So, SMS & Call Filter was the primary reason I got ESET for Android. Why would ESET let Google dictate what functions they can provide and what are we supposed to use now?

Google is the maker of Android and the provider of the Google Play store. They have the right to do it even if the others dislike some of their policies.

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

Google is the maker of Android and the provider of the Google Play store. They have the right to do it even if the others dislike some of their policies.

Have you tried as ESET to submit a Permissions Declaration Form for Google Play to review as stated here and here? Maybe Google can make an exception for ESET as anti theft SMS command is a core function of Anti-Theft.

Edited by ECELeader

On 1/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, panman said:

Panman, you can get all these features back by downloading the APK directly from ESET and installing it yourself. However, you will have to check in with ESET customer service to get your license key. 

• Most Valued Members
On 1/7/2019 at 5:54 AM, panman said:

Google owns PlayStore , they can do whatever they want with it.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, Rami said:

Google owns PlayStore , they can do whatever they want with it.

Greetings,

Ok. Is it possible to get my old configuration ?

I would like to use an other software for the filter, but i need to keep my numbers.

Thanks

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, Seb_219 said:

Greetings,

Ok. Is it possible to get my old configuration ?

I would like to use an other software for the filter, but i need to keep my numbers.

Thanks

You could download ESET with call/sms filter from here : https://support.eset.com/kb6563

11 hours ago, Rami said:

You could download ESET with call/sms filter from here : https://support.eset.com/kb6563

Thanks.

I already tried. But with this release, it is not possible to import parameters, while it is possible to export parameters with Google Play release.

Is there a solution ?

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, Seb_219 said:

Thanks.

But when I download and install the new apk file, it works , but I don't find how to import my parameters.

In fact I would like to keep FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus my old parameters 

Regards

Last night I received the update of ESET Mobile Security version 4.3.7.0-0 and give me a announcement that due to New Google Play Permission Restrictions  some of features removed:  SMS & Call Filter, SMS Text Command, Trusted Friends. Please see the attachement

Edited by fuliyatsi

• 2 weeks later...

Why can't ESET sell the .apk file outside of Play Store with updates offered via email reminders?

Also there are other Apps available for blocking calls how do they get past Google's policy?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I believe that when you purchase ESET Mobile Security for Android directly from ESET's web site at https://www.eset.com/us/home/mobile-security-android/, as opposed to the Google Play store, that you get a license you can use with https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/ems/android/latest/ems.apk.  For more information, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #6563, Install ESET Mobile Security for Android from an APK file.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

There is no mention of SMS and Call Filter on that Eset webpage.

It appears that the apk which you refer to is no different than the one that is obtained from Google Play.

So if I want SMS and Call filtering I am better of getting one of those other Apps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

If I install the version from .apk file can I then purchase the license from Google Play or I need to activate it only with the one purchased from ESET web-site?

Thanks

• Administrators

To my best knowledge, it should work either way; ie. you should be able to activate the web version with a license for the GP version.