Unable to install on Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

8 hours ago, LinuxLouis said:

If I try to install eset_nod32av_64bit_de.linux I get the error message: Please install libc6:i386, /lib/ld-linux.so.2. How can I fix it?

Hi. execute the follow command,

sudo apt-get install libc6:i386

• Most Valued Members
20 hours ago, LinuxLouis said:

If I try to install eset_nod32av_64bit_de.linux I get the error message: Please install libc6:i386, /lib/ld-linux.so.2. How can I fix it?

Beware if you use any kind of SELinux or AppArmor , ESET will not function properly sadly.

It will generate a lot of logs in the Events , be sure to remove them every while because the log files will get very big by the time.

Because about every hour or less it generates about 5 6 logs to the Events log , all caused by AppArmor because it's denying ESET to function properly because ESET is not configured/designed to work with SELinux or AppArmor.

ESET suggests disabling them but I strongly do not recommend to do so , because AppArmor/SELinux are designed to isolate the system from the programs, so a malicious program won't be able to touch your system, someone experienced with SELinux/AppArmor could create a profile that would make ESET work with them , but unfortunately I am not that experienced with both of them

So we only can wait for a proper fix because v4 is outdated , old and is not functioning properly unless you disable one of the system security which is really odd , because you would want another layer of protection over your protection , not disabling one layer for another, and SELinux/AppArmor is almost like the Windows Isolation system but with different names but overall they are still the same concept , so I wonder why ESET can't make a patch/update for Linux users so they could use ESET without any kind of troubles.

v4 lacks a lot of features that Windows ESET do have , even v4 doesn't have any kind of self defense if the malware did try to stop ESET as far as I know, it's good as a scanner , but for security I don't know , because v4 is not supported anymore by ESET.

One cannot be sure if ESET is working properly or protecting properly regarding real-time protection because the AppArmor might stop it doing it's job , while SELinux is a little bit different , ESET won't install while having SELinux.

I wish ESET would give more support for the Linux product , because it lacks a lot of features , and ESET's newer technologies.

Edited by Rami