ZA antiransomeware

13 minutes ago, jems said:

Can i run ZoneAlarm's antiransomeware with EIS?

Why would you want to? I am not familiar with "ZoneAlarm's antiransomeware ", but just looking at their website I'm not that impressed. But hey. if you can burn $2/Mo or $20/year, go for it. And while they say it's fully compatible with "ALL"  A/Vs, don't be surprised when a conflict arises. As far as the technical stuff, I'll leave that to the Mods to respond.

I believe in K*I*S*S.

Edited by TomFace

3 hours ago, TomFace said:

Why would you want to? I am not familiar with "ZoneAlarm's antiransomeware ",

You should stop here already...If you are not familiar with "ZoneAlarm antiransomeware "  why would you jump to give an advice????

• Administrators

Generally I'd recommend to avoid using more security applications together. If the other sw doesn't install a driver it might work with ESET. Otherwise the chance of clashes will increase.

15 hours ago, novice said:

You should stop here already...If you are not familiar with "ZoneAlarm antiransomeware "  why would you jump to give an advice????

It's called an opinion. Am I not entitled to have one?<_<

4 minutes ago, TomFace said:

It's called an opinion. Am I not entitled to have one?<_<

As a ranked "Senior Advisor" I'd say you're entitled to more than just one! :)

Many of the third party anti-ransomware products do have conflicts with a number of AV solutions. Search on both wilderssecurity.com and malwaretips.com for threads on anti-ransomware for further details.

If you're interested in the ZA product, don't purchase it outright. Instead, install it under a 30 day trial license. This should provide enough time to see if there are conflicts with Eset.

Personally, I would just use the money allocated to purchase a good disk imaging product that will back up your entire system. After all, the undisputed best protection against ransomware is frequent file backup with the backup stored offline/offsite or, the backup device and related storage media disconnected from any PC or network connected device.

Edited by itman

4 hours ago, itman said:

If you're interested in the ZA product, don't purchase it outright. Instead, install it under a 30 day trial license

Well, THIS is a professional advice!

4 hours ago, itman said:

Personally, I would just use the money allocated to purchase a good disk imaging product

100% agree!

Thanks for all the good replies.  Marcos, as usual - is pretty right on.  Good advice Itman.  And Tomface - i VALUE your input & opinions.  Thanks for getting TomFace to reply, Novice.  Think IF i try it, i'll try the free one - see if there is conflict with Eset.  Cheers to all.