Licensing FAQ

Arakasi

The following links provide simple questions and answers to assist you with policy & ownership of your license.

Please select the link that corresponds with the type of user/customer your status may be. The following links direct you toward the ESET knowledge base where thousands of questions can also be inquired about of your product.

Licensing FAQ (Home Users)

Licensing FAQ (Business Users)

Edited by Arakasi

• 3 months later...

Hoping you can answer my licensing question.  we purchased eset business edition 4 32 bit and are going to upgrade the pcs to win7 64 bit. when i go to download the new version do i download Version 4 or does my license cover us for version 7 64 bit edition?

The home and business products does not share the version number, the latest product for Home users is V7, and the latest business version is V5 I believe. And Afaik the answer is yes, just like with the home products you are free to upgrade to newer versions when they become available.

• 2 years later...

How can I remove devices from a 5-device-licence when I have no access to them?

Scenario (real one): When my girlfriend moved in I didn't want her to access my network without proper antivirus protection. So I bought a 5-multi-device-security-licence and added her machines to it. Now she moved out and I want to take back the licence to use it on my own machines and my new girlfriends devices. My old girlfriend doesn't talk to me anymore (which is fine by me). Trouble here is I cannot access her devices and uninstall the eset software, and she can't or won't do it.

How to do this? The registration code and password cannot be changed (I wonder why). I cannot uninstall it from her machines. There is no licence management page where I can add or remove devices. If I renew the 5 licences, I seem to be stuck with her covering up a part of them forever.

Am I missing something?

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, FlameDance said:

How can I remove devices from a 5-device-licence when I have no access to them?

Scenario (real one): When my girlfriend moved in I didn't want her to access my network without proper antivirus protection. So I bought a 5-multi-device-security-licence and added her machines to it. Now she moved out and I want to take back the licence to use it on my own machines and my new girlfriends devices. My old girlfriend doesn't talk to me anymore (which is fine by me). Trouble here is I cannot access her devices and uninstall the eset software, and she can't or won't do it.

How to do this? The registration code and password cannot be changed (I wonder why). I cannot uninstall it from her machines. There is no licence management page where I can add or remove devices. If I renew the 5 licences, I seem to be stuck with her covering up a part of them forever.

Am I missing something?

I would say the best course of action would be contacting Customer care in your country and explaining them the situation. They will probably change your password for updates so a subsequent re-activation of your ESET product with your license key (found only in the registration email you should have received after purchase) will download the new U/P and thus prevent other installations from updating.

• 1 year later...

Sorry is this was already covered and I am sure it has been covered. But the answer I found did not quite resolved my issue.

I purchased a license for 3 computers. One of the computer is getting recycled and i built a band new machine.

I want to un-license the old computer and move that license to the new computer. What are the step by step and in what order does everything need to happen? 

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Memots,

just install the ESET product on the new system and activate it with your license key.

In case you manage your licenses via my.eset.com, you may remove the seat for the old computer to have an correct overview of your license usage/

Regards, P.R.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello team eset, I just want to ask something, my client bough an eset anti-virus (philippines) and he want to activatr it to their country japan, the question is, could it be activated there? Thank you.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, MachiekO said:

Hello team eset, I just want to ask something, my client bough an eset anti-virus (philippines) and he want to activatr it to their country japan, the question is, could it be activated there? Thank you.

It depends. Some licenses may be locked down to a specific country.

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

It depends. Some licenses may be locked down to a specific country.

Could it possible it is not locked down? Because the one we have, after you've click activate button it will ask for the name, mobile number and email address and the country you belong.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, MachiekO said:

Could it possible it is not locked down? Because the one we have, after you've click activate button it will ask for the name, mobile number and email address and the country you belong.

I'd suggest contacting your local customer care. After entering a license key no further user information is requested unless you activate a trial version.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

I'd suggest contacting your local customer care. After entering a license key no further user information is requested unless you activate a trial version.

I've contacted them already but they are not answering my query. My client bough the product and he will be going back to japan later. I hope it will work there upon activating. Yes I know about activating trial version, only ask for email add...

Thank you so much for the help Marcos, I hope our customer care will answer me soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...