How to properly add exclusions

beethoven

I have updated to the latest version and want to add some exclusions. I used to do this in earlier versions but get stuck with 11.1.42.0 -

I assumed this is under Advanced/Exclusions and Edit. This opens a window and allowed me to add certain extensions but I just want to add very specific files or folders to be ignored, e.g. Malwarebytes.  It seems this does not work anymore. I can add individual extensions but is there another setting somewhere for folders or files as opposed to extensions?

• Administrators

There should be no reason to exclude Malwarebytes. Please explain what issue you are trying to solve by adding exclusions since each exclusion creates a potential security hole.  Exclusions by paths or detection names can be set in the advanced setup -> Detection engine -> Edit (in the Exclusions section).

image.png

Marcos, thank you again - I looked in the wrong spot under realtime file system protection. Found it now and can adjust as planned.

Just one follow up question - to exclude NOD files from being scanned by Malwarebytes, which files should I set up as exclusions. At the moment I am using the Program Files\Eset but this would not include drivers. Is there any recommendation to list specific files ?

• Administrators

You must make the appropriate exclusions in MBAM. Why do you need to do that? Does MBAM detect any of ESET's files erroneously as threats?

Marcos, I was following the recommendations by Mbam to exclude their files within NOD and thought it might be advisable to do the same for the NOD files within Mbam.  No issues so far.