Won't Update

A couple of weeks ago I updated to 10.1.204 with no problems except for the known problem of no "pause protection" missing.

Today it says there is a product update available but when I click on it nothing happens. So I did a clean install and still it states a product update is available but again nothing happens.

I updated to 10.1.210 yesterday using the internal Eset updater. The process was a bit strange to say the least.

After clicking on the allow update to occur, it appeared nothing happened. No Eset popups or anything from the Eset update section I was in. Afterwards, exited that section and can't for sure what section of the section of the Eset GUI I was in but there was a popup screen showing. It showed an "Install" button on it which I clicked on which immediately started the Eset upgrade process.

Weird to say the lest. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, itman said:

After clicking on the allow update to occur, it appeared nothing happened.

This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next product update.

5 hours ago, chelseaboy said:

Which is when !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only answer is, it will be released when ESET are satisfied it is working correctly  :)

Same here updated to v10 a few days ago and now im stuck with 14855 (20170130) virus definitions...

Once again, good job ESET. :/

8 hours ago, jadinolf said:

Keep trying.

I had a problem with one computer also.

Keeping on trying wont get you anywhere.

And its not about virus definitions only. The updater also cant see the new Product update (v10.1.210.0).But it was like that since forever. You can have several PCs in your network with NOD AV and the updater on PCs will tell you that everything is up to date, even though all of the PCs have different product versions of Nod installed.

uptodate.jpg

• Administrators
11 hours ago, dash said:

Same here updated to v10 a few days ago and now im stuck with 14855 (20170130) virus definitions...

Please follow the advise above, ie. in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics enable advanced update engine logging and run manual update. Then disable logging, collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature and provide me with the generated zip archive. Uninstalling v10 and installing it from scratch should fix the issue.

After manually uninstalling and installing v10.1.204.0, the updating does work again. Luckily i only have 2 pcs in my home network :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to say it but after a few years of happily using ESET on about 35 systems I have given up. Spent the last few days installing and uninstalling only to find my issues were due to ESET. No, not going to waste time sending dumps. Going to spend it installing something else.

Edited by Marcos
Inappropriate words removed

• Administrators
3 hours ago, cyberWorzx said:

Hate to say it but after a few years of happily using ESET on about 35 systems I have given up. Spent the last few days installing and uninstalling only to find my issues were due to ESET. No, not going to waste time sending dumps. Going to spend it installing something else.

Unfortunately, you didn't provide any information about issues that you've encountered. Without more information, we are unable to help you. It could be that while troubleshooting we would find out that the issues are caused by a 3rd party sw or Windows Defender for instance that clash with ESET. We would really appreciate co-operation and are willing to help you pinpoint issues that you may run into.

I got the same problem, the virus signature database is stuck at 15315. "Update Now" does nothing, just tells me that its already up-to-date but the home screen tells me that its out of date. The client was also stuck at 10.0.390 and didnt see 10.1.210, but this was fixed by downloading the client and running the setup.

Had to rename the file to .etl.log as the extension .etl apparently isnt allowed. 

updater_20170608_180530.etl.log

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anha said:

I got the same problem, the virus signature database is stuck at 15315. "Update Now" does nothing, just tells me that its already up-to-date but the home screen tells me that its out of date. The client was also stuck at 10.0.390 and didnt see 10.1.210, but this was fixed by downloading the client and running the setup.

Did you try to uninstall v10 and install it from scratch? The thing is v8 settings were preserved during upgrade and v10 attempts to update from v8 update servers but this fails.

35 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you try to uninstall v10 and install it from scratch? The thing is v8 settings were preserved during upgrade and v10 attempts to update from v8 update servers but this fails.

I will give that a try and report back.

Just reinstalled NOD 32 Antivirus and seems to have solved the problem now. I used the esetuninstall.exe to remove the previous installation.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anha said:

I will give that a try and report back.

Did you previously upgrade to v10 by running the Live installer and installing it over v8 or you performed in-product upgrade to v10?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with virus definition database update, When I click Update is always failed with error download interrupted. I'm using v10.1 on windows 10 anniversary update 64bit version.