[Fixed in latest pre-release] ESET Internet Security v10.1.204.0 x64 is causing PowerShell to take 5 seconds to start

I'm on Windows 10 pro CU 64bit and I have done measurement using Measure-Command {Start-Process powershell} | Select TotalSeconds command. It consistently takes around 5 or 5.1 seconds to start. After uninstalling ESET it took 0.01 seconds to start measured by same command. Now, I tried adding powershell.exe to exclusions but I just cant make it run without taking 5 seconds under ESET.

Any advice how to exclude powershell from scanning so that it starts fast?

P.S. This is measurement under ESET EJVe4WX.png

and this is measurement after uninstalling ESET kVCWaWt.png

Edited by MarkF
added OS I got

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling real-time protection or HIPS (requires a computer restart) make a difference?

• Most Valued Members

Rarely use powershell myself but have tested it and i get the same type of delay. Have used it previously and don't remember having this issue. Last time i used it was not long before the creators update, so unsure as to what is at fault.

Edited by cyberhash

• Administrators

Thank you for the heads-up. We have reproduced the delay and our engineers will look into it shortly.

UPDATE: We've made a fix to HIPS which will be included in the HIPS module 1284. If you want to receive it among the first, switch to pre-release updates.