NOD32 Update Today

DinGo

My NOD32 installation has just automatically updated to version 10.1.210.0

A trouble free install and all appears to be working well :)

15 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

about time! Still the online installer says v10.1.204.0

Yes that is a bit sloppy, going back around 50 years when I was at school I would have been told " A lack of attention to detail"  :)

10 minutes ago, DinGo said:

Yes that is a bit sloppy, going back around 50 years when I was at school I would have been told " A lack of attention to detail"  :)

Well I just installed it using the ESET Downloader and it still installed the old version and no update offered to the version you mentioned. Classical ESET Swiss Cheese!

35 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Well I just installed it using the ESET Downloader and it still installed the old version and no update offered to the version you mentioned. Classical ESET Swiss Cheese!

I just did a SS.

nod32.png

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

You should be able to get it using the advanced download options on ESET homepage :)

2 hours ago, cyberhash said:

You should be able to get it using the advanced download options on ESET homepage :)

I sure can't find it. Download I found was old version also.:(

• Most Valued Members
40 minutes ago, jadinolf said:

I sure can't find it. Download I found was old version also.:(

Usually when you cant update within the application itself, the files are sometimes available on the ESET website and you can manually download them from there. I did notice from the screenshot that @DinGo is probably on PRE-Release update method and probably why they have managed to update to the newer version.

ESET always announce the new versions on the forum on release, when they are available to ALL users. Other users have also mentioned that EIS has also updated to a newer version(on another forum post), and again this may only roll out to users on PRE-Release updates.

Even when REGULAR updates to the program itself are released, it can be a staggered release. Depending on which country you come from seems to affect how quickly the program updates are rolled out to you.

I'm sure it wont be long before there is a post from one of the staff on here "Officially" announcing the update. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, cyberhash said:

duhh I know how to do that, been using ESET products for more than 10 years. It's not there :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

duhh I know how to do that, been using ESET products for more than 10 years. It's not there :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well surely in those 10+ years you will have seen similar posts in the past where an in product upgrade was not available, but it was available via the offline installer. Or where the update was available at eset.com , but not available at eset.co.uk , or one of the other regional sites.   

I was only offering a bit of help to ALL the users in the forum and not looking to insult anyone.

8 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Usually when you cant update within the application itself, the files are sometimes available on the ESET website and you can manually download them from there. I did notice from the screenshot that @DinGo is probably on PRE-Release update method and probably why they have managed to update to the newer version.

ESET always announce the new versions on the forum on release, when they are available to ALL users. Other users have also mentioned that EIS has also updated to a newer version(on another forum post), and again this may only roll out to users on PRE-Release updates.

Even when REGULAR updates to the program itself are released, it can be a staggered release. Depending on which country you come from seems to affect how quickly the program updates are rolled out to you.

I'm sure it wont be long before there is a post from one of the staff on here "Officially" announcing the update. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information.:)

8 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten that I have the pre-release update turned on. My apologies for misleading some of you.

I have had that update setting turned on for years now and never even think about it, in fact this is the first time I've ever received a full programme update through,it's normally just updated modules.

• Most Valued Members
12 minutes ago, DinGo said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten that I have the pre-release update turned on. My apologies for misleading some of you.

I have had that update setting turned on for years now and never even think about it, in fact this is the first time I've ever received a full programme update through,it's normally just updated modules.

It's an easy thing to overlook when you don't encounter any problems when you have pre-release selected ;)

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

Well surely in those 10+ years you will have seen similar posts in the past where an in product upgrade was not available, but it was available via the offline installer. Or where the update was available at eset.com , but not available at eset.co.uk , or one of the other regional sites.   

I was only offering a bit of help to ALL the users in the forum and not looking to insult anyone.

I understand, and I know that, but the point is, it's not available on the Middle East, US, or UK site, I checked, and NOT available as an inproduct upgrade. I don't know how the OP got it. I don't like this waves roll out update that ESET does. If one gets it, everyone should, especially when it's really needed as the current version has a major bug (to me at least) where you can't easily pause protection if you need to.

1 hour ago, DinGo said:

That explains it the, do you now have the pause protection when you right click on the ESET Icon or it's still not there?

38 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

That explains it the, do you now have the pause protection when you right click on the ESET Icon or it's still not there?

It's still not there.

rc.png

4 minutes ago, DinGo said:

It's still not there.

rc.png

Thanks for the confirmation! Time to look for another AV as I need to disable my AV many times! Good job ESET! you just lost an old time customer!

Edited by Phoenix

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Just bought a McAfee AntiVirus Plus license after getting tired of ESET and their slow updates to their buggy products.

Phoenix, I feel that move could be a bit hasty. The pause protection option from the tray icon could well return when the next version of NOD32 is released.

1 hour ago, DinGo said:

Phoenix, I feel that move could be a bit hasty. The pause protection option from the tray icon could well return when the next version of NOD32 is released.

alright, I'm just frustrated man, I have perfection OCD and something feels not right

If you want a "something feels not right" experience you should go on the Windows Insider Fast Ring. You can have plenty of those moments then.

Seriously though I think ESET are doing fine apart from not flagging up I was downloading a pre-release update. That should be shown before and when downloading.

Is not the Pause Protection option removed for security?

Edited by NOD

• Administrators
7 hours ago, NOD said:

Is not the Pause Protection option removed for security?

No, it's a bug in 10.1 that this option doesn't appear in the menu. It's already there in the latest internal v10.2.

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

No, it's a bug in 10.1 that this option doesn't appear in the menu. It's already there in the latest internal v10.2.

Oh, thanks for the answer. :)

Edited by NOD